"redirect" functionality
Author Message
 "redirect" functionality

I sometimes have need of a Redirect function in Outlook. Way back, when I
used to use Eudora, "redirect" was a toolbar button just like "forward" and
"reply", but there is nothing like that in Outlook, so now I'm trying to
write a macro that will do it. I notice that, in the Rules Wizard,
"redirect" is one of the actions that can be applied to messages. However, I
can't find mention of a "redirect" action in the object model.

N.B.: I also noticed that, in one of Microsoft's KB pages, Redirect is also
called "forward intact" (this was in the context of an issue with an old
issue of Exchange Server, irrelevant to me except that it mentioned that
alternative term).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

   -- Mark
________________
Mark Tomory
UIUC Physics Dept.

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 01:42:14 GMT
 "redirect" functionality

Mark,

please look at my Redirector COM Add-in for OL2000 (IMO)
http://victori.hypermart.net/redirector.html

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze.

Quote:
>I sometimes have need of a Redirect function in Outlook. Way back, when I
>used to use Eudora, "redirect" was a toolbar button just like "forward" and
>"reply", but there is nothing like that in Outlook, so now I'm trying to
>write a macro that will do it. I notice that, in the Rules Wizard,
>"redirect" is one of the actions that can be applied to messages. However,
>can't find mention of a "redirect" action in the object model.

>N.B.: I also noticed that, in one of Microsoft's KB pages, Redirect is also
>called "forward intact" (this was in the context of an issue with an old
>issue of Exchange Server, irrelevant to me except that it mentioned that
>alternative term).

>Any ideas?

>Thanks,

>   -- Mark
>________________
>Mark Tomory
>UIUC Physics Dept.

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 02:52:15 GMT
 "redirect" functionality
there is no redirect function, only workarounds and some are better than
others <g>

are you standalone or using exchange server? if standalone, you can type in
the senders address in the from field when forwarding inline. Otherwise,
forward as attachment. (drag and drop or use insert | item on a new message
form) Exchange server users can't send from others without permission.

Quote:
> I sometimes have need of a Redirect function in Outlook. Way back, when I
> used to use Eudora, "redirect" was a toolbar button just like "forward"
and
> "reply", but there is nothing like that in Outlook, so now I'm trying to
> write a macro that will do it. I notice that, in the Rules Wizard,
> "redirect" is one of the actions that can be applied to messages. However,
> can't find mention of a "redirect" action in the object model.

> N.B.: I also noticed that, in one of Microsoft's KB pages, Redirect is
also
> called "forward intact" (this was in the context of an issue with an old
> issue of Exchange Server, irrelevant to me except that it mentioned that
> alternative term).

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,

>    -- Mark
> ________________
> Mark Tomory
> UIUC Physics Dept.

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:07:28 GMT

1. Functionality to do a "FIND"

2. Functionality to do a "FIND"

3. Getting "Send To" functionality

4. "AutoFill" functionality

5. Inhibit "View Source" functionality

6. MS Access and VB "EnsureVisible" functionality

7. Functionality to do a "FIND"

8. "Mailto" functionality

9. Redirecting "Folder Shortcut" with .vbs

10. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

11. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

12. SysCmd 603, "path","path"