import file specifications
Author Message
 import file specifications

I am trying to import a comma delimited text file into
ACCESS.
One of the fields should be DOUBLE in format but since the
first records has a NULL in this field the formatting gets
messed up.
I manually created an import specification file using the
Advanced button under "import" and named it
Bc_data_query_Import_Specs

How do I specify this file using docommand
DoCmd.TransferText
acImportDelim, ????, "temp_data1", stDocName_data, True
  I keep getting errors -- what step have I missed?

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:24:37 GMT
 import file specifications
Did you try the following (all on one line):

DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "Bc_data_query_Import_Specs",
"temp_data1", stDocName_data, True

Quote:

> I am trying to import a comma delimited text file into
> ACCESS.
> One of the fields should be DOUBLE in format but since the
> first records has a NULL in this field the formatting gets
> messed up.
> I manually created an import specification file using the
> Advanced button under "import" and named it
> Bc_data_query_Import_Specs

> How do I specify this file using docommand
> DoCmd.TransferText
> acImportDelim, ????, "temp_data1", stDocName_data, True
>   I keep getting errors -- what step have I missed?

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:12:00 GMT
 import file specifications
Yes, I tried this but received the following error message:
Run time error 3625
The text file specification "Bc_data_query_Import_specs"
does not exist. You can't import, export or link using the
specification

Quote:

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:42:26 GMT
 import file specifications
Try retracing the steps you took to create the import specification.  When
you get to the dialog that appears after you click the Advanced button on
the Link Text Wizard dialog, click the Specs button to verify that your
specification is there and the spelling is the same.

Quote:
> Yes, I tried this but received the following error message:
> Run time error 3625
> The text file specification "Bc_data_query_Import_specs"
> does not exist. You can't import, export or link using the
> specification

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:53:47 GMT

1. Import File Specification

2. Importing toolbars and file specifications-How?

3. Fixed-Width Import/Export Specification File

4. Automating file import specification????

5. Copy Import/Export Specifications

6. Manipulating import/export specifications in code

7. composing text import specifications for use with TransferText()

8. Listing of Text Import/Export Specifications

9. Import Specification VS Line-at-a-time

10. Getting a list of Import Specifications with VBA

11. Changing Import Specification

12. How to create an import specification through code?