Set a reference on a network
Author Message
 Set a reference on a network

Hi,

I have the following problem.

I want to execute macros that are in another dot file so I set a
reference to this dot file with the following command :
"Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.References.AddFromFile
(strFileMacros)"

The file strFileMacros is a .dot file that resides on a network. This
file is also used as a global template for all the word users, via
tools-options-filelocations-startup.

The first user who starts Word is getting the reference without error,
but the other users are getting this error message : "Automation 440"

thanks for any help

Bart

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:08:19 GMT
 Set a reference on a network
Bart

Quote:
> The file strFileMacros is a .dot file that resides on a network. This
> file is also used as a global template for all the word users, via
> tools-options-filelocations-startup.

There is no need to set a reference if the template has been saved in the
startup directory.
Simply use:

Application.Run "MacroName"

--
/Anna Bohman
Bra Utbildning AB, Sweden

http://www.buab.se

> Hi,

> I have the following problem.

> I want to execute macros that are in another dot file so I set a
> reference to this dot file with the following command :
> "Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.References.AddFromFile
> (strFileMacros)"

> The file strFileMacros is a .dot file that resides on a network. This
> file is also used as a global template for all the word users, via
> tools-options-filelocations-startup.

> The first user who starts Word is getting the reference without error,
> but the other users are getting this error message : "Automation 440"

> thanks for any help

> Bart

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:42:57 GMT

1. References - place in network folder

2. Curious network reference

3. subject: problems with references for a network app

4. subject: problems with references for a network app

5. Friendly VB NT network API reference???

6. set references

7. Can't Set References in Access

8. VBA reference setting

9. Programmatically setting references