Finding Mail Merge Data Documents
Author Message
 Finding Mail Merge Data Documents

Many letters take an extreme time to open since moving them to a different
server.  The slow documents are mail merge source documents.  The source
document tries to resolve the data documents location back to the old,
non-existing, server instead of looking for it in the same directory.  How can
I programatically fix these documents so they can find the data source
documents without user intervention.  I have processing to open every document
in a folder and all its subfolders.  I don't know how to fix the documents so
they find their data sources without user intervention.

Thank you in advance

Jim Finch

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:52:43 GMT
 Finding Mail Merge Data Documents
Hi JMFinch,

Quote:
> I don't know how to fix the documents so
> they find their data sources without user intervention.

Do the documents eventually find their data source, or is
the user prompted?

If the latter, then you have no chance. There's no way to
programmatically avoid/get around that dialog box...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 20:25:31 GMT

1. Removing mail merge data source when opening a document

2. (Q211727) Mail merge document restored to normal document - Word 2000

3. Mail Merge BarCodes / Mail Merge Insertion Point

4. e-mail from Access via does not send merged Word document

5. Mail Merge to a pre-existing word document via a macro

6. Adding a picture into a word document while doing a mail merge

7. Detect closure of child mail merge document

8. Saving the records of a mail merged document to sequentially numbers files

9. Saving Mail Merge documents

10. How to change document format in Mail Merge???

11. Locking a document after a mail merge

12. Opening a Mail merged Document from word