get title (job title) information from global address list
Author Message
 get title (job title) information from global address list

How do you access the job title information that is
displayed when the global address book is opened through
Outlook 98 (8.5.7806.0) running on NT.  I can see the data
and with the code below I can retrieve the global address
list and its entries but there does not seem to be
a "getter" to get the title information.

thanks in advance

-steve.  -->here is the code:

Sub Main()
    Set outlook = GetObject("", "Outlook.Application")
    Set namespace = outlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
    Set addressbook = namespace.AddressLists("Global
Address List")
    Set allAddresses = addressbook.AddressEntries
    ''' this won't work if you don't have at least 166
items in the AddressEntries data structure
    Set anAddress = allAddresses.Item(166)
    '' so if you open the Outlook address book from the GUI
    '' you will see that the title is displayed
    '' however, I cannot access the title from this code
    '' i.e. the AddressEntry data structure does not seem
to have access to it
End Sub

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:23:09 GMT
 get title (job title) information from global address list
You need to use Collaboration Data Objects to get that and many other
fields.  I think of you go to www.cdolive.com, you will find many a sample
that should help you along the say.  (try www.cdolive.com/address.htm for
one that reads all values from VBScript behind a form)

Quote:
> How do you access the job title information that is
> displayed when the global address book is opened through
> Outlook 98 (8.5.7806.0) running on NT.  I can see the data
> and with the code below I can retrieve the global address
> list and its entries but there does not seem to be
> a "getter" to get the title information.

> thanks in advance

> -steve.  -->here is the code:

> Sub Main()
>     Set outlook = GetObject("", "Outlook.Application")
>     Set namespace = outlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
>     Set addressbook = namespace.AddressLists("Global
> Address List")
>     Set allAddresses = addressbook.AddressEntries
>     ''' this won't work if you don't have at least 166
> items in the AddressEntries data structure
>     Set anAddress = allAddresses.Item(166)
>     '' so if you open the Outlook address book from the GUI
>     '' you will see that the title is displayed
>     '' however, I cannot access the title from this code
>     '' i.e. the AddressEntry data structure does not seem
> to have access to it
> End Sub

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:17:32 GMT

1. Job Title:The perfect Job

2. Job Title:The Perfect Job

3. Get information from Global address List

4. Get information from Global address List and sort

5. Global Address List (Getting the details of each entry)

6. Global Address List (Getting the details of each entry)

7. Setting Font Size of Chart Title and axis title

8. Show title on the taskbar (the form has no title(=caption))

9. adding a title to the title bar

10. Title only in title bar of msgbox

11. displaying parent groups titles in child groups titles

12. drag move title without title bar?