CDO Fields vs. Outlook UserProperties
Author Message
 CDO Fields vs. Outlook UserProperties

Is there a way that I can access fields added via CDO from Outlook? I
had thought that CDO Fields would correspond to Outlook UserProperties,
but when I add a Field via CDO (and Update the Message), I can see these
Fields via CDO but not programmatically from Outlook. I do see these
fields via the Field Chooser of the Outlook user interface (listed under
User-Defined fields).

Thanks
-mqwb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO Fields vs. Outlook UserProperties
Ken Slovak answered this question for me in the microsoft.public.outlook
newsgroup. His answer follows.

-mqwb

------

It's sort of a one way street, as you've found. You either need to add
the fields using the Outlook object model and then they can be
 accessed using Outlook or CDO or just access them using CDO.

 --
 Ken Slovak
 [MVP - Outlook]

---------

Quote:

> Is there a way that I can access fields added via CDO from Outlook? I
> had thought that CDO Fields would correspond to Outlook
UserProperties,
> but when I add a Field via CDO (and Update the Message), I can see
these
> Fields via CDO but not programmatically from Outlook. I do see these
> fields via the Field Chooser of the Outlook user interface (listed
under
> User-Defined fields).

> Thanks
> -mqwb

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDO vs Outlook 2000 Object Library?? (Outlook Newbie)

2. CDO vs Outlook libraries

3. CDO vs. Outlook Object Model

4. CDO vs Outlook Objec Model

5. Access Outlook UserProperties in an Exchange Event script?

6. Problem with Userproperties/Outlook

7. Write to a UserProperties Field

8. UserProperties and Fields

9. Bypass Field Name Restriction for MailItem.UserProperties

10. Writing to UserProperties fields

11. VBA in Outlook XP Vs Outlook 2000.

12. Outlook 98 vs Outlook 2000