Verifying a table fields in a loop 
Author Message
 Verifying a table fields in a loop

HELLO;
I have a table that have 20 fields named D1,D2,D3...........D20 .Can i  read
this fields value in a loop using DAO,and save them in an array for current
record?(e.g writing something like this inside loop: myArray(i)=rs!D & i )
for now,no matter on which record curser is.
Thank you for ur feedback.THX.


Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:35:47 GMT  
 Verifying a table fields in a loop
Funny field names. Makes me wonder what they're for. What is it?

This having said: you don't have to make any assumptions on the field names,
using DAO

dim fd as field
dim i as integer
i=1
for each fd in yourRecordset.fields
    yourArray(i)=fd.value
    i=i+1
next

Please note that you may know the number of fields, now - but I don't. Hence
the counter i.

--
Regards,
Bas Cost Budde, Nieuwegein, Holland
website at http://www.heuveltop.nl/BasCB/msac_index.html
Please post replies to the newsgroup so everyone can benefit

Quote:

>HELLO;
>I have a table that have 20 fields named D1,D2,D3...........D20 .Can i
read
>this fields value in a loop using DAO,and save them in an array for current
>record?(e.g writing something like this inside loop: myArray(i)=rs!D & i )
>for now,no matter on which record curser is.



Fri, 04 Mar 2005 01:17:19 GMT  
 Verifying a table fields in a loop

Quote:

>I have a table that have 20 fields named D1,D2,D3...........D20 .Can i  read
>this fields value in a loop using DAO,and save them in an array for current
>record?(e.g writing something like this inside loop: myArray(i)=rs!D & i )
>for now,no matter on which record curser is.

        myArray(i)=rs.Fields("D" & i )

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]



Fri, 04 Mar 2005 01:46:38 GMT  
 Verifying a table fields in a loop
Thank you Mr.Barton
Reading ur suggestion,I remembered this method of calling fields of a
recordset.I think it can be easier.Is this true:
MyArray(i)=rs("D" & i)   ?
Thanx again.


Sat, 05 Mar 2005 06:09:46 GMT  
 Verifying a table fields in a loop
While that will work, it's only because Field is the default property of a
recordset, and it's possible (although very unlikely) that that could change
in the future.

Marsh's myArray(i)=rs.Fields("D" & i ) is safer (and possibly marginally
faster, although I doubt you'd notice a difference)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele


Quote:
> Thank you Mr.Barton
> Reading ur suggestion,I remembered this method of calling fields of a
> recordset.I think it can be easier.Is this true:
> MyArray(i)=rs("D" & i)   ?
> Thanx again.



Fri, 04 Mar 2005 06:37:48 GMT  
 Verifying a table fields in a loop
Thank you so much for ur help.
This fields are mostly prescribed {*filter*} on a registered prescription(in a
table),and rest are some details like Date of prescription,its ID,Insurance
type of presc. and so on.I have to register all of a presc. in a record of
this table,and my question was to recall them to view or edit.
very very appreciated,THX.


Sat, 05 Mar 2005 06:22:01 GMT  
 Verifying a table fields in a loop
Thank you so much for ur help.



Quote:
> While that will work, it's only because Field is the default property of a
> recordset, and it's possible (although very unlikely) that that could
change
> in the future.

> Marsh's myArray(i)=rs.Fields("D" & i ) is safer (and possibly marginally
> faster, although I doubt you'd notice a difference)

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele



> > Thank you Mr.Barton
> > Reading ur suggestion,I remembered this method of calling fields of a
> > recordset.I think it can be easier.Is this true:
> > MyArray(i)=rs("D" & i)   ?
> > Thanx again.



Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:29:42 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Looping through all fields in a table

2. Create new fields in a table based off of fields in another table

3. Create new field in existing table exactly like field in second table

4. updating fields in table from field in another table

5. Fill field in one table from field in another table

6. DAO: Looping through [Field(1)], [Field(2)] etc??

7. verifying the existance of a table,query or form through vba

8. Verifying Linked Table

9. Need to Avoid Verifying Table Changes with Code

10. Verify the existance of a table

11. How do you verify that table exists?

12. Problem: Attached tables are not being verified by Crystal

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software