Can anyone recommend a good book on VBA?
Author Message
 Can anyone recommend a good book on VBA?

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good book on Word VBA? I'm OK with the programming
side but just can't get to grips with Word's object model.

Dave

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book on VBA?
Hi Dave,

I might have a few tips for you,
one (and that's really a nice place to hang
around, go and see WWW.WOPR.COM. It's a site about Office, and they also
have a weekly (free!) magazine with tips on using and programming Office.

When you want to get a book about Word,check the Word 97 Annoyances
(ISBN1565923081) It is actually not about VBA (or at least not whole of it)
but still has many good tips in it. When you read it, you'll learn to
understand the way Word 'thinks' and this takes it easier to understand and
predict some of it's behaviour.

Another one is "Learning Word Programming" by Steve Roman (ISBN
1-56592-524-6). It focuses only on Word and is quite complete.

For an online desciption of Word's object model, you can visit the MSDN
Online Library:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
deovrworkingwithmicrosoftwordobjects.htm

Also a good source of information is in the VBA help file and of course the
newsgroups here on the msnews server, visit

lot of real VBA gurus{*filter*} out there, and there's something new to learn
every day

A good website with a lot of examples is the one of Word MVP Bill Coan:
www.wordmacros.com

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid (Microsoft Word MVP)

For direct access to all Microsoft newsgroups:

Quote:
> Hi

> Can anyone recommend a good book on Word VBA? I'm OK with the programming
> side but just can't get to grips with Word's object model.

> Dave

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book on VBA?
Thanks Astrid, it does help a lot.

I've just been reading and saving some of your very useful answers in
microsoft.public.office.developer.automation to disk. If no-one else has
already your input into the newsgroups is really valuable, and valued.

I see that you're a Microsoft Word MVP; I'd be interested in knowing what a
'MVP' is

Quote:
> Hi Dave,

> I might have a few tips for you,
> one (and that's really a nice place to hang
> around, go and see WWW.WOPR.COM. It's a site about Office, and they also
> have a weekly (free!) magazine with tips on using and programming Office.

> When you want to get a book about Word,check the Word 97 Annoyances
> (ISBN1565923081) It is actually not about VBA (or at least not whole of
it)
> but still has many good tips in it. When you read it, you'll learn to
> understand the way Word 'thinks' and this takes it easier to understand
and
> predict some of it's behaviour.

> Another one is "Learning Word Programming" by Steve Roman (ISBN
> 1-56592-524-6). It focuses only on Word and is quite complete.

> For an online desciption of Word's object model, you can visit the MSDN
> Online Library:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> deovrworkingwithmicrosoftwordobjects.htm

> Also a good source of information is in the VBA help file and of course
the
> newsgroups here on the msnews server, visit

> lot of real VBA gurus{*filter*} out there, and there's something new to
learn
> every day

> A good website with a lot of examples is the one of Word MVP Bill Coan:
> www.wordmacros.com

> Hope this helps,
> regards,
> Astrid (Microsoft Word MVP)

> For direct access to all Microsoft newsgroups:

> > Hi

> > Can anyone recommend a good book on Word VBA? I'm OK with the
programming
> > side but just can't get to grips with Word's object model.

> > Dave

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book on VBA?
Hi Dave,

I am very happy that I was able to assist you.

MVP stands for Microsoft Valued Professional. It's an award from Microsoft
for those volunteers who answer a lot of questions in these newsgroups and
have most of their answers right. These volunteers get some special
privileges to help them in this work. Visit
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid (Microsoft Word MVP)

For direct access to all Microsoft newsgroups:

Quote:
> Thanks Astrid, it does help a lot.

> I've just been reading and saving some of your very useful answers in
> microsoft.public.office.developer.automation to disk. If no-one else has
> already your input into the newsgroups is really valuable, and valued.

> I see that you're a Microsoft Word MVP; I'd be interested in knowing what
> 'MVP' is

> > Hi Dave,

> > I might have a few tips for you,
> > one (and that's really a nice place to hang
> > around, go and see WWW.WOPR.COM. It's a site about Office, and they also
> > have a weekly (free!) magazine with tips on using and programming
Office.

> > When you want to get a book about Word,check the Word 97 Annoyances
> > (ISBN1565923081) It is actually not about VBA (or at least not whole of
> it)
> > but still has many good tips in it. When you read it, you'll learn to
> > understand the way Word 'thinks' and this takes it easier to understand
> and
> > predict some of it's behaviour.

> > Another one is "Learning Word Programming" by Steve Roman (ISBN
> > 1-56592-524-6). It focuses only on Word and is quite complete.

> > For an online desciption of Word's object model, you can visit the MSDN
> > Online Library:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > deovrworkingwithmicrosoftwordobjects.htm

> > Also a good source of information is in the VBA help file and of course
> the
> > newsgroups here on the msnews server, visit

> > lot of real VBA gurus{*filter*} out there, and there's something new to
> learn
> > every day

> > A good website with a lot of examples is the one of Word MVP Bill Coan:
> > www.wordmacros.com

> > Hope this helps,
> > regards,
> > Astrid (Microsoft Word MVP)

> > For direct access to all Microsoft newsgroups:

> > > Hi

> > > Can anyone recommend a good book on Word VBA? I'm OK with the
> programming
> > > side but just can't get to grips with Word's object model.

> > > Dave

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book on VBA?
Astrid

It does thanks

Dave

Quote:
> Hi Dave,

> I am very happy that I was able to assist you.

> MVP stands for Microsoft Valued Professional. It's an award from Microsoft
> for those volunteers who answer a lot of questions in these newsgroups and
> have most of their answers right. These volunteers get some special
> privileges to help them in this work. Visit
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> Hope this helps,
> regards,
> Astrid (Microsoft Word MVP)

> For direct access to all Microsoft newsgroups:

> > Thanks Astrid, it does help a lot.

> > I've just been reading and saving some of your very useful answers in
> > microsoft.public.office.developer.automation to disk. If no-one else has
> > already your input into the newsgroups is really valuable, and valued.

> > I see that you're a Microsoft Word MVP; I'd be interested in knowing
what
> > 'MVP' is

> > > Hi Dave,

> > > I might have a few tips for you,
> > > one (and that's really a nice place to hang
> > > around, go and see WWW.WOPR.COM. It's a site about Office, and they
also
> > > have a weekly (free!) magazine with tips on using and programming
> Office.

> > > When you want to get a book about Word,check the Word 97 Annoyances
> > > (ISBN1565923081) It is actually not about VBA (or at least not whole
of
> > it)
> > > but still has many good tips in it. When you read it, you'll learn to
> > > understand the way Word 'thinks' and this takes it easier to
understand
> > and
> > > predict some of it's behaviour.

> > > Another one is "Learning Word Programming" by Steve Roman (ISBN
> > > 1-56592-524-6). It focuses only on Word and is quite complete.

> > > For an online desciption of Word's object model, you can visit the
MSDN
> > > Online Library:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > > deovrworkingwithmicrosoftwordobjects.htm

> > > Also a good source of information is in the VBA help file and of
course
> > the
> > > newsgroups here on the msnews server, visit

are
> > > lot of real VBA gurus{*filter*} out there, and there's something new to
> > learn
> > > every day

> > > A good website with a lot of examples is the one of Word MVP Bill
Coan:
> > > www.wordmacros.com

> > > Hope this helps,
> > > regards,
> > > Astrid (Microsoft Word MVP)

> > > For direct access to all Microsoft newsgroups:

> > programming

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can anyone recommend a good book?

2. Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET

3. Can anyone recommend a good book?

4. Can anyone recommend a good DB book?

5. ?Could anyone recommend a JavaScript book?

6. Can anyone recommend Books on VB 5 and ODBC

7. Can anyone recommend a book?

8. Recommend good books?

9. Any good VB.NET book recommend?

10. Recommend a good VBScript reference book

11. Recommend a good book

12. .Can you recommend a good vb.net book?