Trouble connecting to SQL Server 7 via Access Project
Author Message
 Trouble connecting to SQL Server 7 via Access Project

I've got a strange situation involving SQL and an Access 2000 Project file..

I've got an Access Project file that connects to a SQL 7 database. If I go
into File --> Connection and enter the username and password and click "Test
Connection", the connection tests out ok. However, I have a form that has
code that attempts to execute a stored procedure on the server using the
same username and password. When doing this, I get a login failed message.

This only happens on one person's machine. I can run the same Access Project
on at least three other PCs without the error. Permissions for the username
in SQL server are correct - I can log in via QA with the username and
password and execute the procedure no problem.

I have updated the failing PC with the latest sqlredis.exe file to ensure
the latest drivers and such are installed.

The only difference I can see between the machines that can run this and the
one that can't is that the one that can't is running NT 4 and the others are
running Windows 2000. The failing PC can connect to the SQL Server and do
stuff via other applications.

I've applied the hotfix mentioned in Q258437 to the failing machine with no
effect.

Any ideas?

Shaun

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 02:22:07 GMT
 Trouble connecting to SQL Server 7 via Access Project
Shaun,

Just a shot in the dark ... Check out the protocols used to connect to SQL
Server 7.0 on the workstations by going into the Client Network Utility.
Perhaps there is something different on the workstation that fails to
connect.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

> I've got a strange situation involving SQL and an Access 2000 Project
file..

> I've got an Access Project file that connects to a SQL 7 database. If I go
> into File --> Connection and enter the username and password and click
"Test
> Connection", the connection tests out ok. However, I have a form that has
> code that attempts to execute a stored procedure on the server using the
> same username and password. When doing this, I get a login failed message.

> This only happens on one person's machine. I can run the same Access
Project
> on at least three other PCs without the error. Permissions for the
username
> in SQL server are correct - I can log in via QA with the username and
> password and execute the procedure no problem.

> I have updated the failing PC with the latest sqlredis.exe file to ensure
> the latest drivers and such are installed.

> The only difference I can see between the machines that can run this and
the
> one that can't is that the one that can't is running NT 4 and the others
are
> running Windows 2000. The failing PC can connect to the SQL Server and do
> stuff via other applications.

> I've applied the hotfix mentioned in Q258437 to the failing machine with
no
> effect.

> Any ideas?

> Shaun

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 06:32:50 GMT

1. Connect an Access project to a Microsoft SQL Server database in VB-code

2. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

3. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

4. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

5. Trouble connecting to sql server using DSN

6. Trouble connecting to SQL Server express over Peer to Peer network

7. DAO - Connect to SQL Server via ODBC

8. Windows for via web takes 100sec to connect to SQL Server

9. Connecting to remote SQL server via Internet using ASP page and Comm object

10. Connecting to SQL Server via VBScript from Outlook using ADO

11. Problem connecting to SQL server via ODBC

12. Connect SQL-SERVER via File DSN or DSN LESS