HELP: American date format when it should be Irish/English
Author Message
 HELP: American date format when it should be Irish/English

Howdy,

    I have this little problem. I have several multi user databases [Access
2] in several sites. Everything works fine except....

    On all of the machines [Win95],  the Regional Settings are set to
Dublin, London GMT.
    Most of the machines show Irish/English date format but for some reason,
some of them are showing American date format.

Has anyone seen this before? Help would be greatly appriciated to set it
back to non American date format.

Bear in mind that every other application works okay ie shows Irish/English
date format, except Access.

The Lone Ranger

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: American date format when it should be Irish/English

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 18:18:26 +0100, RangeR[GLoW]

Quote:

>Howdy,

>    I have this little problem. I have several multi user databases [Access
>2] in several sites. Everything works fine except....

>    On all of the machines [Win95],  the Regional Settings are set to
>Dublin, London GMT.
>    Most of the machines show Irish/English date format but for some reason,
>some of them are showing American date format.

>Has anyone seen this before? Help would be greatly appriciated to set it
>back to non American date format.

>Bear in mind that every other application works okay ie shows Irish/English
>date format, except Access.

>The Lone Ranger

I would look at both the input masks and format property of the fields
concerned.  I'd wager that you have some specific masks applied that override
the system defaults.

        --Arthur Corliss
          "Live Free or Die--the Only Way to Live" (NH State Motto)

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: American date format when it should be Irish/English

Howdy,

    I have this little problem. I have several multi user databases [Access
2] in several sites. Everything works fine except....

    On all of the machines [Win95],  the Regional Settings are set to
Dublin, London GMT.
    Most of the machines show Irish/English date format but for some reason,
some of them are showing American date format.

Has anyone seen this before? Help would be greatly appriciated to set it
back to non American date format.

Bear in mind that every other application works okay ie shows Irish/English
date format, except Access.

The Lone Ranger

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: American date format when it should be Irish/English

Actually, as a 16-bit App that predates Win95, Access 2.0 doesn't know
about the Registry settings: it gets its format stuff from the [intl]
section in WIN.INI

If you set the Regional Settings through the control panel, both the
Registry and WIN.INI get updated. If, however, you've changed the
Registry settings through API calls, the changes _won't_ be reflected in
WIN.INI

It might be worth checking WIN.INI

Quote:

--

Beer, Wine and Database Programming.  What could be better?
Visit "Doug Steele's Beer and Programming Emporium"

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Access Date/Time field - American/English

2. When exporting to html, date format is american

3. Using non-American date formats

4. American/English coversion

5. Converting American Date format to sql server ce default date format ?

6. Format date/time in DTPicker to display AM/PM or 24 hour time

7. Help please with format$ : need english strings

8. VB Query using Non american dates

9. SQL and American Date System

10. HFLEXGRID - Date columns display as American (MM/DD/YYYY)

11. problems with date (european versus american ?)

12. Searching for English Dates.