interact with outlook
Author Message
 interact with outlook

Hello,

does anyone know where i could find details on how to programm a sync
application that syncs an outlook calendar with a sql database ?

seconldy i would like to create an email from scratch that if send to
outlook ends (shows up) up as an appointment question (accept, tentative,
decline).

is it possible to "fake" such an email and fill it with fields from a
database ?

thanx
christian
if possible please reply via email too.

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 05:56:11 GMT
 interact with outlook
1) See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/database.htm

2) You'd use the Outlook object model to create a new AppointmentItem. If
you're not familiar with this programming library, see
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/outtech.htm

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hello,

> does anyone know where i could find details on how to programm a sync
> application that syncs an outlook calendar with a sql database ?

> seconldy i would like to create an email from scratch that if send to
> outlook ends (shows up) up as an appointment question (accept, tentative,
> decline).

> is it possible to "fake" such an email and fill it with fields from a
> database ?

> thanx
> christian
> if possible please reply via email too.

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 06:26:07 GMT
 interact with outlook
ey Sue,

That was fast.

Thanks for the link.

Maybe I was a little fuzzy:

I need to create such an appintment without VB. Lets say I use linux, and
want to create an email that, if send to outlook becomes an appointment
instead of a plain email.

Do you have any hint on that ?

Quote:
> 1) See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/database.htm

> 2) You'd use the Outlook object model to create a new AppointmentItem. If
> you're not familiar with this programming library, see
> http://www.slipstick.com/dev/outtech.htm

> --

> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
>      Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 06:57:33 GMT
 interact with outlook
You'd need to create messages using the iCalendar format. It's an RFC.

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
     Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide

> I need to create such an appintment without VB. Lets say I use linux, and
> want to create an email that, if send to outlook becomes an appointment
> instead of a plain email.

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 07:41:48 GMT

1. Interact with Outlooks Express

2. Interacting with the Outlook built in web browser

3. Interacting with the Outlook built in web browser

4. beginner's question: Outlook forms interacting with Access databases

5. Interacting with SAP and Access

6. interacting with form:openarg,collection,class?

7. online layout - interacting with

8. Interact with a .CHM file?

9. Interacting with web page

10. How to Interact with Command Window