Change File Name in FileSaveAs dialog box
Author Message
 Change File Name in FileSaveAs dialog box

Thank you, Dave Lett, for solving my first problem.  Now
it brings up the correct directory in the "Save in:" box
on the "File Save As..." dialog box.

HOWEVER, now in the "File name:" box at the bottom, it
shows the new DIRECTORY name as the document name with dot
doc behind it.  (i.e. NewFolder.doc)

I would like to put something like the following:

With Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs)
   .Name = "C:\MyNewFolder"
   .FileName = "NewFile"     'or "NewFile.doc"
   .Show
End With

But I have the wrong context with ".FileName".  (I'm used
to programming in Excel.)  If you could tell me the right
verbage for .FileName, I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thank you!

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 07:30:21 GMT
 Change File Name in FileSaveAs dialog box
Use

With Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs)
    .Name = "C:\MyNewFolder\NewFile.doc"
    .Show
End With

Regards

DAve

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:04:37 GMT
 Change File Name in FileSaveAs dialog box
I'm having a specific problem with dialog boxes that you
might be able to help me with, Dave. I'm working on a Word
VBA form that, when a command button is pressed, displays
an Open File dialog box and returns the path to a field.
Using code from the Microsoft site that utilizes
the "GetOpenFileNameA" function from the comdlg32.dll
file, it works like a dream on a PC. However, when I try
to use the same form on a Mac, it can't find the
comdlg32.dll file. This form is for end-users, and for
several reasons, I'm unable to provide them with the DLL
file. I need to either find the same function in another
DLL commonly found on a Mac or find some way to replicate
the function used to open the dialog box. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated. Please reply back to

Regards,

Matt

Quote:

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 13:42:08 GMT
 Change File Name in FileSaveAs dialog box
Hi Matthew

I'm not familiat with GetOpenFileNameA - what does it do?

As you say, Windows API cals can't be used if you want MAc-compatibility.
You might get better answers in

Regards

Dave

| I'm having a specific problem with dialog boxes that you
| might be able to help me with, Dave. I'm working on a Word
| VBA form that, when a command button is pressed, displays
| an Open File dialog box and returns the path to a field.
| Using code from the Microsoft site that utilizes
| the "GetOpenFileNameA" function from the comdlg32.dll
| file, it works like a dream on a PC. However, when I try
| to use the same form on a Mac, it can't find the
| comdlg32.dll file. This form is for end-users, and for
| several reasons, I'm unable to provide them with the DLL
| file. I need to either find the same function in another
| DLL commonly found on a Mac or find some way to replicate
| the function used to open the dialog box. Any suggestions
| would be greatly appreciated. Please reply back to

| Regards,
|
| Matt

Quote:

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:48:17 GMT

1. Change Dir in FileSaveAs dialog box

2. Changing the default filename on the FileSaveAs Dialog

3. Using Dialog Box to get File Name and Path

4. W2000 - change initial focus of the file insert dialog box

5. FileSaveAs dialog filterindex

6. Reading file name from text box and/or File List Box

7. Wd97 Change FileSaveAs directory

8. Select Directory dialog box like Comm Dialog Box

9. Displaying select names dialog box

10. Select Names dialog box opens, need help getting the recipients into strings

11. How to customize the dialog box "select names"/addressbook

12. Changing control name of button doesn't change event name to be the same