How to create a shortcut or alias to the document upon saving the document
Author Message
 How to create a shortcut or alias to the document upon saving the document

Ah, now I understand. What you want is to optionally create a Windows
"desktop shortcut" to your file, as a part of the save or save-as procedure.
(On a Mac, which invented the concept, these are called aliases.) You want
to be able to put that shortcut in a folder chosen by the user with a name
chosen by the user at the time of the save.

I'm sorry for my lack of comprehension. However, use of standard terms for
concepts helps, which is why I changed the subject line in my response.

This is a great concept or idea! Unfortunately it is beyond my skills. I
hope that someone else has some ideas for you (and me). I have taken the
liberty of cross-posting this in the VBA beginners newsgroup because this is
definitely going to take some heavy-duty macro programming if it can be done
at all.

Charles Kenyon (Balance Check) from the shores of that
 inland sea known as Lake Michigan.

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Quote:
> > I don't understand your question. When you are talking about making a
> label
> > to the document are you talking about an adhesive label from your
printer
> > (as in an Avery label)?

> Charles,

> Of course, not the adhesive label. It is supposed that I, firstly, save
the
> file in a certain location (traditional saving) and, secondly, create a
> WINDOWS label to this file, say, either on the desktop or in a specific
> directory. "Save As" window does allow me to save the file but does not to
> create this link.
> This problem arose when I had been having plenty of documents in several
> directories, and I wished to get a list of links to them all in one place.

> George

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:46:15 GMT
 How to create a shortcut or alias to the document upon saving the document
Charles,
I awfully apologize for that damned "label" instead of "shortcut". You know,
I use not the English version of Word, but localized Russian one, and forgot
the conceptual term. English words "label" and "shortcut" sound in Russian
as one word. MY FAULT!!

Quote:
> I'm sorry for my lack of comprehension. However, use of standard terms for
> concepts helps, which is why I changed the subject line in my response.

That's pleasant for me to hear the following from you... (not about a great
idea, but about difficulty of the task, just as I thought...)

Quote:
> This is a great concept or idea! Unfortunately it is beyond my skills. I
> hope that someone else has some ideas for you (and me). I have taken the
> liberty of cross-posting this in the VBA beginners newsgroup because this
is
> definitely going to take some heavy-duty macro programming if it can be
done
> at all.

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:58:28 GMT

1. Automatically "Save As..." upon opening document

2. Removing macros upon saving a document

3. Saving page breaks from Word documents to text documents

4. Updating Documents Created From a Master Document Template

5. Create New Document and Copy Table from Existing Document

6. removing code from a document created via code and save as

7. creating a macro to close a document without saving

8. Creating CSS file when saving a Word document as HTML

9. Creating a procedure from active document (Save) or (SaveAs)

10. Copy Section of Document Based Upon User Reply

11. Go to Bookmark upon opening document from template

12. Button control upon opening a new document?