Cursor doesn't change to Hourglass
Author Message
 Cursor doesn't change to Hourglass

We are using Access XP. Our problem is that the cursor
doesn't change to an Hourglass on an Onclick event for an
Image in a form.

We have tried to affect the Do.Cmd.Hourglass(True) command
to an OnClick event of an image on a form, followed by
some other regular commands and ended the onclick
procedure with the DoCMD.Hourglass(False) command, but the
cursor never changes to an hourglass when the image is
clicked on.

However, when using a control button instead of an image,
the hourglass appears as expected during the process. We
tried bypassing the error by calling the hourglass command
from another procedure or putting a loop in the procedure
to see if the hourglass would appear, but still, the
hourglass didn't appear. We then found out that the only
thing that made the hourglass appear is if we made a
message box appear during the process, and as long as the
message box was open, the hourglass would be shown.
Unfortunately, this solution is not appropriate for our
needs.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 06:14:55 GMT
 Cursor doesn't change to Hourglass

Quote:
> We are using Access XP. Our problem is that the cursor
> doesn't change to an Hourglass on an Onclick event for an
> Image in a form.

> We have tried to affect the Do.Cmd.Hourglass(True) command
> to an OnClick event of an image on a form, followed by
> some other regular commands and ended the onclick
> procedure with the DoCMD.Hourglass(False) command, but the
> cursor never changes to an hourglass when the image is
> clicked on.

> However, when using a control button instead of an image,
> the hourglass appears as expected during the process. We
> tried bypassing the error by calling the hourglass command
> from another procedure or putting a loop in the procedure
> to see if the hourglass would appear, but still, the
> hourglass didn't appear. We then found out that the only
> thing that made the hourglass appear is if we made a
> message box appear during the process, and as long as the
> message box was open, the hourglass would be shown.
> Unfortunately, this solution is not appropriate for our
> needs.

> Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Very interesting!  I can reproduce your problem with Access 2000.

If you put a transparent command button over the image, and use the
Click event of the button instead of that of the image, the hourglass
will appear.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:17:44 GMT

1. Problem: mouse cursor doesn't change its appearance over the edge of the form

2. Change the cursor icon to hourglass?

3. change cursor to hourglass?

4. How can I change the cursor to an HOURGLASS

5. how to change cursor to hourglass?

6. Changing cursor to Hourglass

7. Q: Can't change pointer to hourglass in ColumnClick event of a List View control

8. Q: Can't change pointer to hourglass in ColumnClick event of a List View control

9. Changing control name of button doesn't change event name to be the same

10. Label Caption Doesn't Change When Changed

11. DBGrid display problem - cursor and data entered by the keyboard doesn't show

12. ANY Recordsetset cursor type doesn't allow recordcount