Access to Outlook Express
Author Message
 Access to Outlook Express

I am having a problem getting Access to talk to Outlook Express.  When I use
SendObject, it works great, it opens Outlook Express, but I can't attach an
MDB file.  If I use MAPI or the Outlook object, it uses Outlook rather than
Outlook Express.  Is there a way to get either MAPI or the Outlook object to
use Outlook Express rather than Outlook.

Thanks for you help.
Wayne

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Access to Outlook Express
Hi Wayne,

I would think that it depends on which app is configured as the default MAPI
client.  It sounds like OE is the default app. So SendObject would work with
OE.  On the other hand, OE does not expose an automation model (not the 4.x
version at least).  So when you use MAPI Library or Outlook object, you're
using regular Outlook.  And you can't access OE this way.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:I am having a problem getting Access to talk to Outlook Express.  When I
use
:SendObject, it works great, it opens Outlook Express, but I can't attach an
:MDB file.  If I use MAPI or the Outlook object, it uses Outlook rather than
:Outlook Express.  Is there a way to get either MAPI or the Outlook object
:use Outlook Express rather than Outlook.
:
:Thanks for you help.
:Wayne
:
:

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. E-mail from Access to Outlook Express

2. VB access to Outlook Express?

3. How to access the Outlook Express folders (other than Inbox) ?

4. Sending Access data to Outlook Express

5. Error sending report via Access / Outlook Express

6. Access Outlook Express Mail File (dbx and mbx)

7. How to access outlook express address book programatically?

8. outlook express (sending email in access)

9. Access Outlook 2000/Express Inbox Folder over Mapi

10. e-mail by outlook express from Access

11. Outlook express and access

12. Hotmail Thru Outlook Express: Suddenly Can't Access