Database and rdoConnection types not recognized
Author Message
 Database and rdoConnection types not recognized

Hi friends,

1. In my access modules (in fact it is someone else's project) the VBA
compiler does not recognize "Database" and rdoConnection data types. I
tried to see the references under menu "Tools". But it was not there.
How can I display references..."

2. My "Linked Table Manager" sometimes gives "invalid procedure
call..." error. What may be the reason? This error occurs especially
when the links are ODBC links...

3. I have a database of which tables are linked to  SQL Server 6.5. SQL
Server security is configured as standard. I created a DSN for this DB.
At the beginning my machine name was ALPER. And it was ALPER when SQL
Server was installled. Then it was changed to "NILSEN". Then again
to "ALPER". Now it is "ALPER". When I log in as ALPER to Winnt I
get "ODBC call failed ..." error, whereas when I log in as NILSEN
everything works fine. Can anybody tell me the trick behind this and
SQLServer security?

Thanks to everybody!

-> #3 is really very urgent....

Ahmet Gnet

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Database and rdoConnection types not recognized
Let's see....

Quote:
> 1. In my access modules (in fact it is someone else's project)
the VBA
> compiler does not recognize "Database" and rdoConnection data
types. I
> tried to see the references under menu "Tools". But it was not
there.
> How can I display references..."

Open a module. Tools|References will then be there. Note that you
are not allowed to distribute RDO with an Access app (dumb
licensing rules).

Quote:
> 2. My "Linked Table Manager" sometimes gives "invalid procedure
> call..." error. What may be the reason? This error occurs
especially
> when the links are ODBC links...

Known bug in this wizard which will not handle "DSN-less"
connections to the database. Fixed in Access 2000 (fwiw).

Quote:
> 3. I have a database of which tables are linked to  SQL Server
6.5. SQL
> Server security is configured as standard. I created a DSN for
this DB.
> At the beginning my machine name was ALPER. And it was ALPER
when SQL
> Server was installled. Then it was changed to "NILSEN". Then
again
> to "ALPER". Now it is "ALPER". When I log in as ALPER to Winnt
> get "ODBC call failed ..." error, whereas when I log in as
NILSEN
> everything works fine. Can anybody tell me the trick behind
this and
> SQLServer security?

The workstation ID is updated to whoever last connected, but you
should be able to use the link either way. I think you will need
to explain what is in the DBEngine.Errors collection to see what
errors exist beyond the generic "call failed" error. It is most
likely that you will find the two issues to be unrelated.

--
MichKa

don't ask by e-mail unless you're paying for it. (TANSTAAFL!) :-)

random junk of dubious value, a multilingual website, the
worldwide TSI Form/Report to Data Access Page Wizard,
and lots of replication "stuff" at http://www.trigeminal.com/

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. rdoConnection - type not defined??

2. My Visual Basic does not recognize Data Definition types

3. Help: Windows spooler does NOT recognize job type

4. Public Types not recognized in Dynamic Modules

5. Public Type Variable not Recognized in dynamic module

6. Help: Windows spooler does NOT recognize job type

7. Help: Windows spooler does NOT recognize job type

8. Database object not recognized

9. Does not recognize database objects

10. how to declare a rdoconnection type ?

11. How to get database path from RDOConnection

12. Database Name in RDOConnection?!