How to do this?
Author Message
 How to do this?

Our word97 document only consists of repeated tables. Everything of the
tables is exactly same except a different title above each table. The number
of tables in the doc depends on user's needs. We need to customize the
process of creating the doc, and think about populating the tables this way
:  When a user opens the doc, he/she is prompted to input the titles of each
table, then Word adds up the tables with entered titles. I am thinking of
using user forms and/or mailmerge. But have no idea about where to put the
table template, how to make the tables repeatedly populated and how to get
entered titles onto the exact positions (over each table).

Thank you very much.
Shao

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to do this?
Hi Shao,

Sounds to me like you need to store an empty table as an AutoText entry,
then create a custom userform to prompt the user for a series of table
titles. When the user clicks OK, the userform can insert each title followed
by the autotext entry.

--
Bill Coan
Macros, templates, wizards, add-ins for Word

> Our word97 document only consists of repeated tables. Everything of the
> tables is exactly same except a different title above each table. The
number
> of tables in the doc depends on user's needs. We need to customize the
> process of creating the doc, and think about populating the tables this
way
> :  When a user opens the doc, he/she is prompted to input the titles of
each
> table, then Word adds up the tables with entered titles. I am thinking of
> using user forms and/or mailmerge. But have no idea about where to put the
> table template, how to make the tables repeatedly populated and how to get
> entered titles onto the exact positions (over each table).

> Thank you very much.
> Shao

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to do this?
That's exactly right. I am trying myself, but hope to have any hints about
anything like what's the best way (any control?) to input the series of
table titles.
Thank you!
Shao

Quote:
>Hi Shao,

>Sounds to me like you need to store an empty table as an AutoText entry,
>then create a custom userform to prompt the user for a series of table
>titles. When the user clicks OK, the userform can insert each title
followed
>by the autotext entry.

>--
>Bill Coan
>Macros, templates, wizards, add-ins for Word
>For more information, visit: www.wordsite.com

>> Our word97 document only consists of repeated tables. Everything of the
>> tables is exactly same except a different title above each table. The
>number
>> of tables in the doc depends on user's needs. We need to customize the
>> process of creating the doc, and think about populating the tables this
>way
>> :  When a user opens the doc, he/she is prompted to input the titles of
>each
>> table, then Word adds up the tables with entered titles. I am thinking of
>> using user forms and/or mailmerge. But have no idea about where to put
the
>> table template, how to make the tables repeatedly populated and how to
get
>> entered titles onto the exact positions (over each table).

>> Thank you very much.
>> Shao

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to do this?
Hi Shao,

Look up userforms in the Visual Basic editor. You'll find some good
information there on how to create a userform. Then post back with specific
questions. With a little effort, you'll be up to speed in no time.

--
Bill Coan
Macros, templates, wizards, add-ins for Word
For more information, visit: www.wordsite.com

> That's exactly right. I am trying myself, but hope to have any hints about
> anything like what's the best way (any control?) to input the series of
> table titles.
> Thank you!
> Shao

> >Hi Shao,

> >Sounds to me like you need to store an empty table as an AutoText entry,
> >then create a custom userform to prompt the user for a series of table
> >titles. When the user clicks OK, the userform can insert each title
> followed
> >by the autotext entry.

> >--
> >Bill Coan
> >Macros, templates, wizards, add-ins for Word
> >For more information, visit: www.wordsite.com

> >> Our word97 document only consists of repeated tables. Everything of the
> >> tables is exactly same except a different title above each table. The
> >number
> >> of tables in the doc depends on user's needs. We need to customize the
> >> process of creating the doc, and think about populating the tables this
> >way
> >> :  When a user opens the doc, he/she is prompted to input the titles of
> >each
> >> table, then Word adds up the tables with entered titles. I am thinking
of
> >> using user forms and/or mailmerge. But have no idea about where to put
> the
> >> table template, how to make the tables repeatedly populated and how to
> get
> >> entered titles onto the exact positions (over each table).

> >> Thank you very much.
> >> Shao

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

2. Virtual volumes with VB5 - can it be done? How can it be done?

3. Help, can this be done with VB

4. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

5. What am I doing wrong??

6. Run-time Error 3027 when doing AcExportMerge

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. Help with syntax. What am I doing wrong

9. What am I doing wrong?

10. Eliminating duplicate memo fields must be done !!!

11. What am I doing wrong?

12. Moving code from VBA to VB. Easily Done?