Macro to update resources via outlook calander
Author Message
 Macro to update resources via outlook calander

Hello

I am researching a way to automatically update resources
in Project via the Outlook calander.  If this can be done,
please point me in the right direction.  Or am I chasing
my tail.

Thanks

Paul

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:03:28 GMT
 Macro to update resources via outlook calander
Hi,

You would need to be very careful in your updating of outlook and in the
entry of your tasks.  You need to specify that a task belongs to a project,
which project file and the Unique Task Id of the Task concerned.

VBA could then update the project file.  However you either need yet another
application to facilitate the Task creation in Outlook or the amount of data
entry will grind you to a stand still since if you get it wrong the macro
won't work.

I suspect you are chasing your tail since I don't know of any solution that
does this.

--

Visit www.mvps.org/project/ for the Project MVP's FAQ and third party
add-ons

Rod Gill
Microsoft Project MVP
Visit www.projectlearning.com for customized Project and Office VBA macros
and Project companion software

Quote:
> Hello

> I am researching a way to automatically update resources
> in Project via the Outlook calander.  If this can be done,
> please point me in the right direction.  Or am I chasing
> my tail.

> Thanks

> Paul

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 05:53:07 GMT

1. Resources for Outlook Macro Novice

2. Add new column to Outlook's default view via macro

3. Using Reminder in Outlook calander to send emails

4. Updating the outlook calendar via the Web

5. Updating Outlook via the web

6. Updating a PST file via network login and auto-importing into Outlook 2000

7. update a shared calander using vbscript

8. embedding outlook inbox, and calander into my app

9. Expert Data to OUTLOOK Calander table

10. Exporting from Access to(Append) OUTLOOK calander file

11. Reading Resources and Resource properties in macros

12. Print out MS Outlook calendars via VBA WITHIN MS Outlook