New Subject: I need to look at a particular email recipient
Author Message
 New Subject: I need to look at a particular email recipient

Hi,

(Sorry, I know that I already posted this request, but my Subject line
didn't say
  what I was looking for.)

I know how to program in VBA, but not in Outlook/VBA.  My Outlook is
accepting multiple user email.  I want to look at each incoming email,
determine who is the recipient, then execute a unique sound file.  There are
also times that I would like to examine the content of the message itself.

I am willing to read... I just don't know where to look.

Any help is much appreciated.

Larry Woods

Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New Subject: I need to look at a particular email recipient
Outlook objects, collections, and events you would want to review.

MailItem Object
Recipients Collection
ItemAdd Event (Part of Items Object)

Could places to start learning about the objects are:
http://www.slipstick.com/dev
http://msdn.microsoft.com
The Online Help System

A really good page on books is http://www.slipstick.com/books/user.htm. (I
personally like Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24
Hours (Sue Mosher) and Building Applications in Outlook 2000 (Randy Byrne).)

Quote:
> Hi,

> (Sorry, I know that I already posted this request, but my Subject line
> didn't say
>   what I was looking for.)

> I know how to program in VBA, but not in Outlook/VBA.  My Outlook is
> accepting multiple user email.  I want to look at each incoming email,
> determine who is the recipient, then execute a unique sound file.  There
are
> also times that I would like to examine the content of the message itself.

> I am willing to read... I just don't know where to look.

> Any help is much appreciated.

> Larry Woods

Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New Subject: I need to look at a particular email recipient
Larry,

I'm not sure where you are going with this project, but it seems like you
could use the Rules Wizard to accomplish your listed goals...?

Shawn Liggett
Software Engineer
Exchange Administrator

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New Subject: I need to look at a particular email recipient
Shawn,

I have multiple people using my copy of Outlook.  I would like to view each
incoming email, determine the recipent, then execute a unique wav file for
each user.  All users are within earshot of the computer.  This way they
don't have to go the computer each time the Incoming Chime goes off.

Larry Woods

Quote:
> Larry,

> I'm not sure where you are going with this project, but it seems like you
> could use the Rules Wizard to accomplish your listed goals...?

> Shawn Liggett
> Software Engineer
> Exchange Administrator

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New Subject: I need to look at a particular email recipient
You still can do this with the OL98/2000 Rules Wizard.  Just disable the default
sound through Tools | Options and create a rule for each email addy that is
received at this machine to play a unique sound.
Quote:

> Shawn,

> I have multiple people using my copy of Outlook.  I would like to view each
> incoming email, determine the recipent, then execute a unique wav file for
> each user.  All users are within earshot of the computer.  This way they
> don't have to go the computer each time the Incoming Chime goes off.

> Larry Woods

> > Larry,

> > I'm not sure where you are going with this project, but it seems like you
> > could use the Rules Wizard to accomplish your listed goals...?

> > Shawn Liggett
> > Software Engineer
> > Exchange Administrator

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need to code sending email to various recipients

2. how to send notification email when new email arrives (help needed, please)

3. macro to add recipient's name to subject line

4. ActiveDocument.SendMail with preset Recipients & Subject

5. URGENT: Need to launch new email in PocketPC 2002

6. Automated emails not reaching all recipients

7. Multiple Recipient Email from an array

8. Outlook 2000 VBA: How to Check if Email recipient is external

9. recipients/senders email

10. Recipients of current email

11. Get the real email from Recipient ?

12. Send an SMTP email to multiple recipients??