code, query or built in functions?
Author Message
 code, query or built in functions?

What gives the best performance: I need to calculate the standard deviation,
average, 85th percentile on speed data. Currently, I have created queries
that replicate the code that existed in the previous application. But I find
it a bit slow. How can I improve performance.

How can I use the built in functions to perform the calculations mentioned?

Speed        Total
90                4
88                5
86                9
84                15
82                3

based on this data, i need to return the average speed, the 85th percentile
speed , and the standard deviation. all in km/h.

--

Thanks,

Stephane Viau
Ottawa, Canada

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 code, query or built in functions?
Is your db compacted/indexes repaired

Quote:

>What gives the best performance: I need to calculate the standard
deviation,
>average, 85th percentile on speed data. Currently, I have created queries
>that replicate the code that existed in the previous application. But I
find
>it a bit slow. How can I improve performance.

>How can I use the built in functions to perform the calculations mentioned?

>Speed        Total
>90                4
>88                5
>86                9
>84                15
>82                3

>based on this data, i need to return the average speed, the 85th percentile
>speed , and the standard deviation. all in km/h.

>--

>Thanks,

>Stephane Viau
>Ottawa, Canada

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how can I build 2 queries in 1 query(VB SQL query)

2. Using built-in functions in access queries

3. Show Built In DDE Function Code

4. function used in query repeats for each query value

5. Access using Coded to Query a Query

6. Dynamically building a query using parameters

7. How to know when query is built

8. Trying to Build a Query using a String - Problem was Debug not showing all off value

9. Trying to Build a Query using a String

10. Build Number query

11. Data Designer & Query Building

12. How to build a grid Query screen?