Finding the value of a global variable in another dbase
Author Message
 Finding the value of a global variable in another dbase

If I set a global variable in one dbase how do I determine the value of this
global variable from another dbase?  Is the scope of a global variable
specific to one dbase?

thanks,

Jim

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Finding the value of a global variable in another dbase

Correct. A global variable's scope is limited to the instance of Access the
database is opened in.  If you need to read such values, you are better off
creating a custom property (via CreateProperty) so that you can open the db
in code and read it off.

 -- Dev

: If I set a global variable in one dbase how do I determine the value of
this
: global variable from another dbase?  Is the scope of a global variable
: specific to one dbase?
:
: thanks,
:
: Jim
:
:

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ACC97: Global variables dropping values intermittently

2. global variable loses it values on refresh.

3. how to retain value of a global variable in DLL

4. Global Variables / Global Objects

5. Referencing Global Variable from a variable

6. How to find current values of variables

7. Using Find with value as a variable

8. The value of a variable (String type) is the name of a variable

9. Variable Name to Variable value.

10. Create a Variable from the value of another variable

11. Getting data values to CR from variable arrays and stand alone variables in VB