Access2000/Word2000 Automation Print Hangs
Author Message
 Access2000/Word2000 Automation Print Hangs

I have a problem that has me stumped.  Hopefully a bunch
of you are much smarter than me.

Problem:

When Printing a mail-merge Word doc from Access, the
Print hangs until the form calling the automation is
clicked.

Attempted:

Walked the code -  Code runs fine, no hang
Recreated the Word doc - Print still hangs
Decompiled and recompiled Access -- Print still hangs
Rebuilt form -- Print still hangs

Any ideas out there?

Thanks much.

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:39:42 GMT
 Access2000/Word2000 Automation Print Hangs
You have not given much to go on here.

However, give my mail merge code a try. If it also hangs, then you can guess
that your pc has a some problem. If my sample works, then you can start
looking at your code.

Both the a97, and the a2000 examples on my site have sample data, and you
can just run them. If my sample works, and yours does not, then try reading
my notes.

http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn/msaccess/msaccess.html
--
Albert D. Kallal     (MVP)
Edmonton,  Alberta Canada

http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:54:21 GMT
 Access2000/Word2000 Automation Print Hangs

Quote:

> Problem:

> When Printing a mail-merge Word doc from Access, the
> Print hangs until the form calling the automation is
> clicked.

> Attempted:

> Walked the code -  Code runs fine, no hang
> Recreated the Word doc - Print still hangs
> Decompiled and recompiled Access -- Print still hangs
> Rebuilt form -- Print still hangs

Just a thought. Make sure you aren't trying to print in the background.
Set Background = False. It may be that Word is ended before the print is completed?

     ' print the document.
     objWord.PrintOut Background:=False

--
'-------------------------------
' John Mishefske

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:19:52 GMT

1. Word2000 / Access2000 runtime problem

2. err:462 troubles with word2000 and access2000

3. Challenging: transfer Access2000-objects into Word2000

4. VB6 and Word2000 : Automation Error

5. Automation seems to hang with Access 97 / Word 97

6. Word Automation Hangs

7. Word hangs after Automation from VB

8. Print Jobs Hang

9. WD97: Macro Hangs Printing to File

10. Printing RTFTextBox hangs Win95

11. Program hangs when printing

12. Crystal Report 6.0 COM problem : printing hangs up