Access to Word to Access to E-mail
Author Message
 Access to Word to Access to E-mail

Forgive the cross-posting, but I wasn't quite sure of which group to post
to.

I have written an Access macro/module procedure to generate an e-mail
message using the docmd.sendobject method.

When I execute it from the Access macros, it works perfectly.  It searches
out the correct record, gets the To: address, the Cc: address, generates the
Subject line, generates the first line of the message and opens the Outlook
with the message ready to be edited and finished.

Howver, the way that it has to be used is:

The user will hyperlink from an Access table of contents form to a Word
document.  From the Word document, they will hyperlink back to the Access
macro, hopefully executing the macro and generating the e-mail message.

Well, it almost works.  Everything works EXCEPT:  the e-mail message is no
longer editable.  Something about the hyperlink to Word is not allowing the
message to be changed.  And, I can't figure out how to make it editable.
The macro has not changed, it still tries to produce a message that is
editable.

What am I missing?  How can I fix this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Beside posting in the newsgroup, I would also appreciate an e-mail response.
I only have dial-up access to the net and don't get to the newsgroups often.

TIA

Ben

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need an Access VBA script to create/mail an email

2. move between Access and Word, back to Access, Close word

3. ACCESS 97 - Sending Word Documents by Email

4. access to controls in outlook's toolbars when word is the email editor

5. Automating email function within Word 2000 using Access 2000

6. Access/Word mail merge

7. e-mail from Access via does not send merged Word document

8. Access - Word Mail Merge

9. Automated Mail merge from access to word

10. dao access word mail merge

11. Using Access to perform a mail merge in word

12. Word/Access mail merge automation help needed