Auto start a macro in Word2K
Author Message
 Auto start a macro in Word2K

Hi People,

I have a small problem with a macro that I have created in
Word 2000. Basically I have placed a Document_open sub
routine that supposed to start a macro in my project. This
works in Win95 and office 97 but not in win 2000 and
office 2000. I'm not sure what's the problem.

Please help.

thanks
-Lee

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:11:49 GMT
 Auto start a macro in Word2K
On a document Sub Document_OPen has to work.
On a template you have to use Sub Document_New.
Look to Tools / Macros / security (or something like that)
Maybe there is the problem?

Quote:
> Hi People,

> I have a small problem with a macro that I have created in
> Word 2000. Basically I have placed a Document_open sub
> routine that supposed to start a macro in my project. This
> works in Win95 and office 97 but not in win 2000 and
> office 2000. I'm not sure what's the problem.

> Please help.

> thanks
> -Lee

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:24:35 GMT
 Auto start a macro in Word2K
Hi Lee,

Could you have macro security set to "High" in
Tools/Macro/Security, by any chance?

Quote:
> I have a small problem with a macro that I have created in
> Word 2000. Basically I have placed a Document_open sub
> routine that supposed to start a macro in my project. This
> works in Win95 and office 97 but not in win 2000 and
> office 2000. I'm not sure what's the problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:24:19 GMT
 Auto start a macro in Word2K

Quote:

> Hi People,

> I have a small problem with a macro that I have created in
> Word 2000. Basically I have placed a Document_open sub
> routine that supposed to start a macro in my project. This
> works in Win95 and office 97 but not in win 2000 and
> office 2000. I'm not sure what's the problem.

> Please help.

> thanks
> -Lee

Hi Lee,

Did you put the Document_Open into the "ThisDocument" class module (of a template or the document)? If I got it right, it only works that way, probably because the Document_Open macro is an event handler for the Open event of the Document object.

Or do you have several Document_Open macros in the document / attached template / normal.dot / global template(s) that might conflict?

If neither is the problem, I've found two other possible reasons why Document_Open might sometimes not run: The document is a frames page (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q220533) or the the MS Windows "Browse in same window" feature is turned off (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q220532).

Regards, Klaus
Word MVP

Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:11:32 GMT

1. Starting a Macro When Opening a Document in Word2K

2. Run macro take long time in Word2k

3. Selecting picture inside Word2k macro

4. IPF on exit after VBA macro runs (Word2K SR-1 on Win2K Pro)

5. Word 2002 doesn't run Word2K template/macros

6. Start a macro automaticly when starting outlook

7. Macro not starting when starting word 97 with /m command

8. Auto start a file or a procedure

9. Auto start

10. How to auto start a cab file packaged as an exe from script

11. Need midi sequencer code to auto start

12. auto-start computer