simple question...what was the source code for this simple custom action (rules wizard)
Author Message
 simple question...what was the source code for this simple custom action (rules wizard)

This part is probably a piece of cake, but for me I can't get VB and Outlook
to talk due to my limited knowledge here (though I've toyed with this
attempt for months now).

Available for download at http://www.*-*-*.com/

While it works great, I had been trying to make this on my own before I ever
found that someone else had done it...what could be the VB source code for
this .dll "mark as read" function?  I got to know how they did it.  (By the
way, the file comes with a readme and the author's email, but that email is
dead.)

Thanks,
Derek

PS: To email me, remove the prefix NOSPAMEVER

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:46:28 GMT
 simple question...what was the source code for this simple custom action (rules wizard)
I've since learned that these .dlls are made using C++ and you also have to
know Exchange SDK...too complex...I conceded defeat...

Quote:
> This part is probably a piece of cake, but for me I can't get VB and
Outlook
> to talk due to my limited knowledge here (though I've toyed with this
> attempt for months now).

> Available for download at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/custom.htm is a

> While it works great, I had been trying to make this on my own before I
ever
> found that someone else had done it...what could be the VB source code for
> this .dll "mark as read" function?  I got to know how they did it.  (By
the
> way, the file comes with a readme and the author's email, but that email
is
> dead.)

> Thanks,
> Derek

> PS: To email me, remove the prefix NOSPAMEVER

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 05:01:48 GMT
 simple question...what was the source code for this simple custom action (rules wizard)
For those that are interested...

I have also learned that launcher.dll (built in C++) will run VB exe
files...

Get launcher here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q173915
(called Inbox Agent, but Rules Wizard runs the .dll as a custom action as
well)  It comes with an example VB forward.exe plus source code.

This article also says you can get the C++ source code for the launcher.dll
from the Exchange AppFarm example "ExPrint.EXE".  AppFarm is now at
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/services/TechNet/samples/BOES/BO/MAILEXCH/exc...
ppfarm/

and the file has since been renamed as "Printex.EXE".

--
If you care to email me, my email is as listed, but you must remove the
NOSPAMEVER prefix first.  (But I check the newsgroup too.)

Thanks in advance,
Derek

---

Quote:
> I've since learned that these .dlls are made using C++ and you also have
> know Exchange SDK...too complex...I conceded defeat...

> > This part is probably a piece of cake, but for me I can't get VB and
> Outlook
> > to talk due to my limited knowledge here (though I've toyed with this
> > attempt for months now).

> > Available for download at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/custom.htm is

> > While it works great, I had been trying to make this on my own before I
> ever
> > found that someone else had done it...what could be the VB source code
for
> > this .dll "mark as read" function?  I got to know how they did it.  (By
> the
> > way, the file comes with a readme and the author's email, but that email
> is
> > dead.)

> > Thanks,
> > Derek

> > PS: To email me, remove the prefix NOSPAMEVER

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 09:46:42 GMT

1. Simple Question: Assigning Icon to an App : Simple Question

2. Custom Action in rules wizard?

3. Rule or Custom Action to Change Colors

4. SIMPLE QUESTION : SIMPLE ANSWER?

5. simple spreadsheet source code

6. simple VB program Source code?

7. Looking for simple label app with source code

8. Looking for simple mail server source code

9. SIMPLE QUESTION : SIMPLE ANSWER?

10. Help Needed: Source code for simple currency converter form

11. Looking for short, simple VB5 compression source code....

12. Need simple Text Editor and Console Window source code