Microsoft Word form
Author Message
 Microsoft Word form

I have no idea what I am doing.  I am trying to prepare a
survey with Word 2000 that I can e-mail out and get it
returned via e-mail.  I have structured my survy by asking
a question and having the respondent check a box(es)
(ActiveX box)for the answer.  I am having trouble
protecting the document so that the respondent can not
change the text, but still check the box by clicking on it
with their mouse.  Is this possible?  I know absolutely
nothing about programming.  Please help me.  Thank you.

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:44:02 GMT
 Microsoft Word form
Angie

If you need to use a "protected form". Replace the ActiveX controls with
their equivalent from the Forms toolbar. After inserting a field you can
right click on it to examine or change it's properties, such as default text
etc. When you've completed your form just click on the padlock icon on the
Forms toolbar to lock you form (it's not useable as a form until you do
this).

You will now be able to enter data only into the form fields, you wont be
able to change any other text unless you unlock the form again.

I hope this helps + Cheers - Peter

Quote:
> I have no idea what I am doing.  I am trying to prepare a
> survey with Word 2000 that I can e-mail out and get it
> returned via e-mail.  I have structured my survy by asking
> a question and having the respondent check a box(es)
> (ActiveX box)for the answer.  I am having trouble
> protecting the document so that the respondent can not
> change the text, but still check the box by clicking on it
> with their mouse.  Is this possible?  I know absolutely
> nothing about programming.  Please help me.  Thank you.

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:20:20 GMT

1. Microsoft Word forms

2. Microsoft Word And Windows Forms

3. How to paste Visual Basic Form to Microsoft Words

4. Microsoft word document from a form

5. Microsoft word document from a form

6. Microsoft word document from a form

7. Microsoft Equation 3.0 in Microsoft Word

8. Question for Microsoft about Word 2000 and Word 2002

9. Convert an Microsoft Access Form to a VB Form

10. Change data inside the Microsoft Word text box from VB program without showing to the user the Microsoft Word screen?

11. Change ata inside the Microsoft Word text box from VB program without showing to the user the Microsoft Word screen ?

12. Convert Word docs to Word forms??