Distribute OL2000-COM-AddIn
Author Message
 Distribute OL2000-COM-AddIn

Hello,

how is the user-friendliest way to distribute an OL2000-COM-AddIn?
Is any Setup-Wizard for COM-AddIns available? Or any other Tool?
Or do you have to code an own setup-routine to create the necessary
registry-entries?

Thank you for tipps!

regards, Tobias

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Distribute OL2000-COM-AddIn
Office 2000 Developer Edition comes with all the necessary software to
create your own packaged setups for COM add-ins (for any of the Office apps,
not just Outlook).  This lets you distribute a standard setup.exe file that
takes care of setting up everything on the user's system.

--
Regards,
           Chris Burnham (MVP - Outlook)

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.  Also note that I do not send replies to newsgroup postings by
email  I volunteer my time in the groups. Thanks for understanding and
supporting the forum.

> Hello,

> how is the user-friendliest way to distribute an OL2000-COM-AddIn?
> Is any Setup-Wizard for COM-AddIns available? Or any other Tool?
> Or do you have to code an own setup-routine to create the necessary
> registry-entries?

> Thank you for tipps!

> regards, Tobias

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Distribute OL2000-COM-AddIn

Quote:

> Office 2000 Developer Edition comes with all the necessary software to
> create your own packaged setups for COM add-ins (for any of the Office apps,
> not just Outlook).  This lets you distribute a standard setup.exe file that
> takes care of setting up everything on the user's system.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I could swear I read somewhere in my
developer
edition documentation that Outlook add-ins couldn't be deployed in such
manner.

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Distribute OL2000-COM-AddIn
I'd have to see the exact reference to explain, but Outlook COM add-ins can
definitely be packaged and delivered the same as they can with the other
Office applications.  Examples include:

* Microeye's ZipOut http://www.microeye.com/
* WOPR PlaceBar Customizer http://www.wopr.com/

--
Regards,
           Chris Burnham (MVP - Outlook)
           Grand Rapids, MI
           Co-Author "Professional Outlook 2000 Programming"

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.  Also note that I do not send replies to newsgroup postings by
email  I volunteer my time in the groups. Thanks for understanding and
supporting the forum.

> > Office 2000 Developer Edition comes with all the necessary software to
> > create your own packaged setups for COM add-ins (for any of the Office
apps,
> > not just Outlook).  This lets you distribute a standard setup.exe file
that
> > takes care of setting up everything on the user's system.

> Correct me if I am wrong, but I could swear I read somewhere in my
> developer
> edition documentation that Outlook add-ins couldn't be deployed in such
> manner.

Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Distributing code with OL2000/98

2. using COM/DCOM within a COM-Addin ???

3. unregistering COM AddIn

4. OnAction Property not working in Com Addin (XP)

5. Com Addin - Package & Deployment Wizard

6. how to load and unload an com addin using VBA or VB

7. Outlook COM AddIn Security

8. COM AddIn

9. Com Addin?

10. How can I insert a Controlbutton into an Outlook form using a COM-Addin

11. COM AddIn

12. Retrieving the full path to a COM addin