Only N lines on page
Author Message
 Only N lines on page

Hi All!

It is necessary to me to treat the text so that on page
placed only N of strings(lines).

( The text has an identical font size and interval between lines)

As it can be made

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:13:15 GMT
 Only N lines on page

Quote:

> Hi All!

> It is necessary to me to treat the text so that on page
> placed only N of strings(lines).

> ( The text has an identical font size and interval between lines)

> As it can be made

Hi Grigoriy,

Perhaps there is an easier way, but I do it like this:

- Set in "Extras/Options/General" the measurement unit to points.
- Set the line spacing of your paragraph style to "exactly" XX points.
- Look how high your page is (DIN A4: 841.95 points) in the page setup.
- Adjust the top and bottom margin and the line spacing so that N lines fit:
  for example 60 lines x 12 pt = 720 pt,
  so (top margin + bottom margin) !=! 121.95 pt (or a bit less).
- Set the measurement unit back to mm.

Greetings from Stuttgart, Klaus Linke

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 03:52:02 GMT
 Only N lines on page

Quote:

> Hi All!

> It is necessary to me to treat the text so that on page
> placed only N of strings(lines).

> ( The text has an identical font size and interval between lines)

> As it can be made

Hi again,

Just notices while my answer was being sent that I was in
"microsoft.public.word.VBA.beginners"; sorry!

So here's the macro version of the fitline-blues:

Sub FitLines()
'
' Insert the desired number of lines here:
  N = 50
  PTM = ActiveDocument.PageSetup.TopMargin
  PBM = ActiveDocument.PageSetup.BottomMargin
  PH = ActiveDocument.PageSetup.PageHeight
  H = PH - PTM - PBM - 1
' You might insert the name of your paragraph style here:
  With ActiveDocument.Styles("Standard").ParagraphFormat
     .SpaceBefore = 0
     .SpaceBeforeAuto = False
     .SpaceAfter = 0
     .SpaceAfterAuto = False
     .LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceExactly
'    Only the line spacing is adjusted:
     .LineSpacing = H / N
  End With
' ... and here:
  ActiveDocument.Styles("Standard").Font.Size=.8*H/N
End Sub

Greetings again,

Klaus Linke

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 04:37:28 GMT

1. Blank page in NS

2. why are these pages loading so slow in NS

3. COM Add-ns

4. how to use url.Encode for NS problem w/ params in URL

5. NS BASIC 2.0 for Newton announced

6. Newton Infrared remote control programming using NS BASIC

7. Code to extract URLs from NS and MIE?

8. Q: Simple NS-Navigator OLE-problem

9. I need to ask a Javascript question: NS Specific - CSS Sheets

10. make it work at NS

11. NS-Lookup

12. ASP Error in NS ??