Inserting Text in Front of Footnotes in VBA - Word 2000
Author Message
 Inserting Text in Front of Footnotes in VBA - Word 2000

Here's yet another problem that cropped up concerning footnotes. I need to
insert some text at the front of every footnote. Until recently I used the
following:

ActiveDocument.Range.Footnotes(x).Range.InsertBefore "Some text"

However I suddenly found this doesn't always work. The problem is that
_usually_ this will insert the text  _after_ the footnote number. But
occasionally - and for no apparent reason - it places the text _in front_ of
the footnote number.

It does this change back and forth in the same document which doesn't appear
to have any differences between the footnotes.

I'm getting Word-madness!!!

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 03:48:12 GMT
 Inserting Text in Front of Footnotes in VBA - Word 2000
And it does the same thing in XP.

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 04:30:17 GMT
 Inserting Text in Front of Footnotes in VBA - Word 2000
Is it by any chance consistent on odd and even pages?
--
Michael Hunt

Quote:
> Here's yet another problem that cropped up concerning footnotes. I need to
> insert some text at the front of every footnote. Until recently I used the
> following:

> ActiveDocument.Range.Footnotes(x).Range.InsertBefore "Some text"

> However I suddenly found this doesn't always work. The problem is that
> _usually_ this will insert the text  _after_ the footnote number. But
> occasionally - and for no apparent reason - it places the text _in front_
of
> the footnote number.

> It does this change back and forth in the same document which doesn't
appear
> to have any differences between the footnotes.

> I'm getting Word-madness!!!

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:41:15 GMT
 Inserting Text in Front of Footnotes in VBA - Word 2000
Nope, it is more random. It seems to stem from a strange thing in one of my
documents- there is a blank line between each footnote. Although it looks
the same all through the document, if I open the Script Editor and look at
the XML version of the document, the footnotes that are giving me the
problem are tagged slightly different. Now I'm looking for a way to get rid
of the blank lines.

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:36:55 GMT

1. Text from vba text box (>2000 characters) to a Word bookmard

2. VBA code inserting pictures in Word 2000

3. Problems inserting text in Word 2000 with a macro

4. Word 2000 VBA - reading and writing text file

5. VBA that access a footnote reference in the footnote

6. VBA script to make footnotes work in Pocket Word

7. Inserting text in Word doc with VBA

8. Write text and insert pic to Word doc (from Access VBA)

9. Differences on word 2002 and word 2000 vba

10. vba problem word 97 and not word 2000

11. Differences between VBA for Word 2000 and Word 97

12. Does Word VBA 2002 developed code run on Word 2000