Excel file opened in IE3 - on one machine starts Excel, others does not
Author Message
 Excel file opened in IE3 - on one machine starts Excel, others does not

I am opening an Excel spreadsheet using the IE3.02 ActiveX control in an
Access 97 application. I get three different results with the three
different computers I have tested with.

The code looks like this:

objBrowser.Navigate strLocalDir & "jolly.xls"

When the code is executed I get the following results:
(The three computers all have Office 97 sp1 and Jet 3.51)

[1] NT4ws sp3 as the OS, IE 3.02 for NT
This computer opens the spreadsheet in the browser perfectly. The
spreadsheet appears in the browser window as if it were an HTML page.

[2] Win95 sp1 as the OS, IE 4.01 for Win95
This computer seems to start an instance of Excel, then quickly Excel
seems to disappear and the spreadsheet shows up in the browser just fine.

[3] Win95 sp1 as the OS, IE 3.02 for Win95
This computer starts an instance of Excel and never inserts the
spreadsheet into the IE3 browser window.

I need to get this to settle down. The technology is great, but so far
seems a bit unpredictable in the way that it operates. And where is there
any good info on this stuff?

Thanks!

--
Michael Simcich

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 3071...Why on one machine and not on others

2. Opening an excel file through a form/running excel macros through access

3. Accessing an Excel file without opening Excel

4. Reading Excel files without opening excel

5. open doc/excel file in frame with Word/Excel menubar

6. Applying Excel Autofilter when opening Excel Files

7. Open Excel File (Excel.Application)

8. need help: Open Excel, run macro, save file, close Excel

9. Excel - VBA - Retreive file without opening them in Excel

10. Problem with opening Excel after opening Excel inside Microsoft Internet Controls

11. how to consolidate excel files into one file with each old file be

12. Excel VBA - objects not available on this machine?