Keeping track of the time that Outlook was shutdown
Author Message
 Keeping track of the time that Outlook was shutdown

Hi,
Does anyone know how to keep track of the time that Outlook was shut
down and then use that time in a function when Outlook is started back
up?

I am monitoring the inbox with my own code versus the rules Wizard. The
rules wizard seems to work all the time. My code only works when
Outlook is running. So I need to check those messages that came in
while Outlook was closed so I can apply my rules.

THank you!
Charbel

Sat, 07 May 2005 01:06:41 GMT
 Keeping track of the time that Outlook was shutdown
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this, and I haven't tried this, but how about using the
Application_Quit() and Application_Startup() to write and read the date/time
respectively to a temp file.

You can do this from the ThisOutlookSession within the VB Editor

Hope that helps,

Alan

Quote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to keep track of the time that Outlook was shut
> down and then use that time in a function when Outlook is started back
> up?

> I am monitoring the inbox with my own code versus the rules Wizard. The
> rules wizard seems to work all the time. My code only works when
> Outlook is running. So I need to check those messages that came in
> while Outlook was closed so I can apply my rules.

> THank you!
> Charbel

Sat, 07 May 2005 16:05:32 GMT

1. Looking for Time Keeping, Time Tracking Software

2. Looking for Time Keeping, Time Tracking Software

3. Program to keep track on how much time you speend connected to internet

4. Program to keep track on how much time you speend connected to internet

5. Tracking Employee Vacation Time in Outlook

6. help in tracking application startup and shutdown

7. keeping Track Of Record

8. Keeping Track of Database Modifications?!?!

9. Keeping track of Users Online

10. Keeping track of Database changes!?

11. KEEPING TRACK OF WORD DOC FILES

12. Keeping track of all those functions!?!?!