Pulling Access97 data into Word97 variables
Author Message
 Pulling Access97 data into Word97 variables

Hi,

I've got an Access97 table with 150 fields and 1000 records. In Word97, my
code uses OpenDatabase and OpenRecordset to connect to the table. In the
table, I've got three fields, let's call them Para1, Para2, and Para3. Based
on the values each record carries in those three fields, I need to import a
certain paragraph into the active document. In other words, if for record 1
the values are Para1=2345, Para2=7777, and Para3=0987, then I will import
the paragraphs corresponding to these numbers, and then loop to test the
next record.

Is there an easy way to bring the Para1, 2, and 3 values for a record into
Word variables?

Thanks,

Bob

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Pulling Access97 data into Word97 variables
Bob,
Does;

MyVar = rsMyRecordset!Para1

not do it for you?

Look in the A97 help for MoveFirst method - MoveFirst, MoveLast ... Methods
(DAO)

The examples may help you.
Jeff Davies

Quote:
> Hi,

> I've got an Access97 table with 150 fields and 1000 records. In Word97, my
> code uses OpenDatabase and OpenRecordset to connect to the table. In the
> table, I've got three fields, let's call them Para1, Para2, and Para3.
Based
> on the values each record carries in those three fields, I need to import
> certain paragraph into the active document. In other words, if for record
1
> the values are Para1=2345, Para2=7777, and Para3=0987, then I will import
> the paragraphs corresponding to these numbers, and then loop to test the
> next record.

> Is there an easy way to bring the Para1, 2, and 3 values for a record into
> Word variables?

> Thanks,

> Bob

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access97/Word97/data exchange HELP!!!

2. Closing Word97 from Access97

3. Editing an Access97 field value from Word97

4. Access97-Word97 Mail Merge

5. Access97/Word97 MailMerge

6. Linking Access97 and Word97

7. passing values between Word97 and Access97

8. Mail Merge access97 with word97 (Blank spaces)

9. Access97 and Word97 (MailMerge)

10. DDE between Access97 and Word97

11. Integration between Access97 and Word97

12. Print Word97 document from Access97