error using recordset.edit method (3197)
Author Message
 error using recordset.edit method (3197)

I am getting the error 3197: "You and another user are attempting to change
the same data at the same time." when I try to use the recordset.edit
method.

There is one user running the application.

I do NOT get the error if I start the application from scratch and procede
directly to the form which is causing the problem.

I do get the error if I first try to run a few tasks then run the form which
is causing the problem.

I have tried to locate any problems in my code such as opening recordsets
and not closing them. But so far I have not found any. (doesn't mean that
they don't exist, though)

Has anyone had a prior experience with this error and how was it resolved?

Thanks ahead of time,

David Howlett
Amulet Consulting

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 error using recordset.edit method (3197)

Do you have a bound form open on the same record you are trying to edit with
DAO?

Alden

Quote:

>I am getting the error 3197: "You and another user are attempting to change
>the same data at the same time." when I try to use the recordset.edit
>method.

>There is one user running the application.

>I do NOT get the error if I start the application from scratch and procede
>directly to the form which is causing the problem.

>I do get the error if I first try to run a few tasks then run the form
which
>is causing the problem.

>I have tried to locate any problems in my code such as opening recordsets
>and not closing them. But so far I have not found any. (doesn't mean that
>they don't exist, though)

>Has anyone had a prior experience with this error and how was it resolved?

>Thanks ahead of time,

>David Howlett
>Amulet Consulting

Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 error using recordset.edit method (3197)

Alden,

Yes.

I use recordsetclone to create the recordset object, then when I attempt the
edit method I get the 3197 error.

However, as I mentioned, it works sometimes and does not work other times. I
seem to get the error when I try to run other parts of the application
first.

David Howlett

Quote:

>Do you have a bound form open on the same record you are trying to edit
with
>DAO?

>Alden

>>I am getting the error 3197: "You and another user are attempting to
change
>>the same data at the same time." when I try to use the recordset.edit
>>method.

>>There is one user running the application.

>>I have tried to locate any problems in my code such as opening recordsets
>>and not closing them. But so far I have not found any. (doesn't mean that
>>they don't exist, though)

>>Has anyone had a prior experience with this error and how was it resolved?

>>Thanks ahead of time,

>>David Howlett
>>Amulet Consulting

Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 error using recordset.edit method (3197)

Hi Dave,

You need the Jet update for Access 97.  Try installing this file

http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/JET35UPD.EXE

HTH

--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:Alden,
:
:Yes.
:
:I use recordsetclone to create the recordset object, then when I attempt
the
:edit method I get the 3197 error.
:
:However, as I mentioned, it works sometimes and does not work other times.
:seem to get the error when I try to run other parts of the application
:first.
:
:David Howlett
:
:
:>Do you have a bound form open on the same record you are trying to edit
:with
:>DAO?
:>
:>Alden
:>
:> ===============================================
:>>
:>>
[...]

1. recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

2. Jet Engine Error 3197 without Edit

3. Error 3197 using SQL server

4. Recordset's delete method fails with Error:3197. Why ?

5. Error 3197

6. Error 3197?

7. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

8. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

9. Error - 3197 - Please help

10. 3197 Error Updating an ODBC Datasource

11. Help. DAO 3197 error with single user

12. 3197 dao error