Batch Processing of Macro to run at night?
Author Message
 Batch Processing of Macro to run at night?

Hi,

Just wondering, what exactly is there in those Qs that you can't use 'em???
Any explanation?? What's not working??

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:Does anyone know how to set a macro to run every night at the same time?
:I've already tried Article ID: Q125772 and it didn't seem to work.  The
:macro basically runs a series of maketable queries.
:
:Thanks in advance,
:
:Patty
:
:

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Batch Processing of Macro to run at night?

Does anyone know how to set a macro to run every night at the same time?
I've already tried Article ID: Q125772 and it didn't seem to work.  The
macro basically runs a series of maketable queries.

Thanks in advance,

Patty

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Batch Processing of Macro to run at night?

Personally I use a forms timer event to run batchprocesses,  the logic goes
something like the code below

'*****************  Code Start  *********************
Private Sub Form_Timer()
  Dim dteTimeOut As Date
  Static blnRun As Boolean
  Const TimeToRun As Date = #2:00:00 AM#
  Const TimeOut As Integer = 10

  dteTimeOut = DateAdd("n", TimeOut, TimeToRun)
  If Time > TimeToRun And Time < dteTimeOut Then
    If blnRun = False Then
      MsgBox "run the process"
      blnRun = True
    End If
  Else
    blnRun = False
  End If
End Sub
'*****************  Code Start  *********************

The main differences in how I implement this is that I do not hard code the
time to start, I store the value n a table so that it can be easily changed,
also as I'm normally coding for mltiuser environments I would also have a
value in a table to say whether he process should be run from the local
machine.

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to set a macro to run every night at the same time?
>I've already tried Article ID: Q125772 and it didn't seem to work.  The
>macro basically runs a series of maketable queries.

>Thanks in advance,

>Patty

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Urgent: Auto logon and run a batch process

2. run an Excel macro in batch mode?

3. How to Run Query at Night

4. How to auto run a program every night.

5. Batch process to add footers and changepage layout

6. batch file processing

7. Which is the better way to batch-process files

8. Creating batch job processes

9. Batch processing?

10. Data Processing: Batch Update?

11. Windows NT and batch processing