Automatiing Outlook Calender
Author Message
 Automatiing Outlook Calender

Hi All,

I am developing an SMS application which sends Outlook calendar reminder to
user mobile as SMS alerts.
My requirement are like this:

1.   Users will be able to be alerted by reminders within their Outlook
Calendar.

2.   Users will be able to select which of their appointments SMS reminders
will alert.

3.   The alerts will be sent at the appointment reminder time.

4.   Alerts will be sent for all appointments with reminders, assuming at
least 30 minutes is elapsed between time of creation and the reminder time.

5.   Alerts will not be sent for any cancelled appointments, assuming at
least 30 minutes is elapsed between time of cancellation and the reminder
time.

7.   Alerts will be generated for a particular user regardless of who made
the appointment (user or delegate).

8.   Alerts will be sent regardless of whether the user's Outlook
application is running or not when the reminder is due.

At my application end I only need to capture calendar reminder and send it
SMS gateway which actually send it to mobile. I am using VB for app develop
purpose.

Now I want to know:

1. Which all above requirement are possible.

2. What all I need to do on Outlook client and what all on Exchange
server.(Client and Server app)

3. Is there any user interface involved?

4. Where is User's calendar reminder are stored , on local machine or
exchange server?

5. Give me some outlines how and what kind of application I need to write.

6. Any other related info

Any kind of help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks...

Ratan

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:27:14 GMT

1. Automatiing Outlook Calender

2. How to create appointment calender from calender in VB

3. How to create the calender in MDI form without using vbBuilt in Calender Function

4. Linking from webpage to Outlook calender

5. Outlook public calender

6. Extracting Calender Items Out of Outlook From Access

7. Updating Outlook calender from asp or java application

8. Export Outlook Calender to website

9. Filtering in Outlook calender

10. Creating TouchScreen Outlook Calender

11. Dynamically update the Outlook calender

12. wsh script for printing calender in outlook