Winword caused an invalid page fault in module VBE6.DLL
Author Message
 Winword caused an invalid page fault in module VBE6.DLL

Hi,
    I run Office 2000 over Windows 98, at home.

Whenever I try and start the VBA editor, I get the error message in the
subject of this post.
I tried each and every single troubleshooting technique including renaming
VBE6.DLL, unregistering it and using the original Office 2000 CD 2 to detect
that VBE6.DLL was not installed and reinstalled it.

Of course I tried to rename Normal.Dot and start with a fresh one:
same REPRODUCIBLE  problem: whenever I launch VBA editor I get this message.

I realize now that it will do this in Excel 2000 and in Outlook 2000 as
well: try and launch VBA editor and the application will crash leaving this
same message.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000: same message again.

I then removed every single item in my system tray, one at a time: same
result.

The only change I did to my home system  was to download Windows critical
update. It may be a coincidence, but my problems started about at this date.
A little bit before that, I downloaded Internet Explorer 5.01, but,
immediately after, my system was crashing on me at the drop of a hat. I
uninstalled 5.01 (which forced me to reinstall Office 2000!). This took me
back to IE 4.0. I re- installed IE 5.0 and the blue screen of death problem
went away. So 5.01 was really doing something wrong to my system. After
that, I was OK for a while, happily editing my programs in VBA, but, all of
a sudden, soon after the Windows Critical Update, I've got this mysterious
invalid page fault problem in module VBE6.DLL

If anyone can help me, please do so. I went through all three Office 2000
IPF troubleshooting, I browsed through the whole Microsoft knowledge base
and could not find any solution. Pretty soon, I will quit on Windows 98 for
good. At work, I run NT 4.0 and NEVER had these crash problems.

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. WINWORD invalid page fault in VBE6.DLL

2. WINWORD invalid page fault in VBE6.DLL

3. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module VBA332.DLL

4. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module vba332.dll

5. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

6. VB6 caused invalid page fault in module MSXBSE35.DLL

7. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

8. IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL

9. wscript caused invalid page fault in module msado15.dll

10. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL at 014f:6604b3ce

11. VB32 caused an invalid page fault in module V32.DLL

12. VB32 caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.exe