Reading via ODBC, direct updates do not show up
Author Message
 Reading via ODBC, direct updates do not show up

An application reads an Access97 database via ODBC. Whenever I modify data
directly in the database by using Access itself, the modifications do not
show up until at least half an hour later.

Any suggestions w.r.t. possible cause and solution will be welcome.

Some background: The application and the database reside on an NT4/sp6
server. The application itself is ColdFusion3.1. The CF template I'm using
is stripped down to the barest essentials. An alternate CF template -- as
different as possible w.r.t. the other template --  consistently shows
equivalent results.
As minor modifications in the CF templates themselves show up immediately
in the results, I'm afraid the database is cached somewhere between the
file and CF. And the cache is not checking the data ...

--
Greetings from
 _____

Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Updates to SQL Server not Showing, though records affected shows true

2. Problem with recordSet.update using DAO and ODBC Direct

3. Intermittent error when updating with ODBC Direct

4. Updating textbox via code not updating recordset

5. not to auto update while doing addnew

6. Deleted recordd do not updated to the DB when reconnecting and doing updatebatch

7. Updating ODBC linked table via code

8. Updating/relinking an ODBC source via VBA

9. How I update ORACLE 7.2 database from Visual Basic 4.0 via ODBC

10. Updating DB2/2 via ODBC

11. inserting/updating BLOB files in MSSQL ODBC connection via ASP

12. SQL ODBC Update Problem in VB5 via SQL7