DBEngine.CompactDatabase question
Author Message
 DBEngine.CompactDatabase question

In Access 97(with linked data tables), is there some reason that
DBEngine.CompactDatabase in a function works fine (from the open application
database) from a command button, but does not seem to work when the same
function is invoked by a time-of-day event in an open form?  This is easily
verified as the Compact creates a new DB.001 file. The previous DB.001 file
was renamed to DB.002 just before the Compact.  Very strange.
Thanks

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:25:15 GMT
 DBEngine.CompactDatabase question
Look at the link below
http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0013.htm

--

Kind regards
Hans-Christian Francke

Quote:
> In Access 97(with linked data tables), is there some reason that
> DBEngine.CompactDatabase in a function works fine (from the open
application
> database) from a command button, but does not seem to work when the same
> function is invoked by a time-of-day event in an open form?  This is
easily
> verified as the Compact creates a new DB.001 file. The previous DB.001
file
> was renamed to DB.002 just before the Compact.  Very strange.
> Thanks

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:55:01 GMT

1. DBEngine.CompactDatabase & Access2000

2. Problem using DBEngine.CompactDatabase

3. DBEngine.CompactDatabase; New developments

4. A partial solution: DbEngine.CompactDatabase

5. DBEngine.CompactDatabase

6. DBEngine & CompactDataBase

7. dbEngine.compactdatabase - Give me back my memory!!

8. DBEngine.CompactDatabase

9. DBEngine.CompactDatabase problem

10. dbEngine.compactdatabase - Give me back my memory!!

11. DBEngine.CompactDatabase problem

12. DBEngine.CompactDatabase with Password Protected DB