Splash Pause
Author Message
 Splash Pause

Help,

I have a PII 350 and Access 97 loads so fast the custom splash screen only
stays up for 2 secs.  How can I pause the loading of the database or keep
the splash screen open longer so customers can read/see it??

James

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Splash Pause
James,

Try putting this piece of code in your splash form in open event and timer
event

    DoCmd.Maximize
    Me.TimerInterval = 100
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Timer()
    Static I As Integer

    I = I + 1

    If I = 20 Then
        DoCmd.OpenForm "Form_to_open_after_splash"
        DoCmd.Close A_FORM, "frm_Startup"
    End If
End Sub

Manish Jha

Author of the Access Addin for developers
 Data Flow Manager
http://pages.prodigy.net/manishj/psdfm.htm

> Help,

> I have a PII 350 and Access 97 loads so fast the custom splash screen only
> stays up for 2 secs.  How can I pause the loading of the database or keep
> the splash screen open longer so customers can read/see it??

> James

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Splash Pause
Try to use Access form as a splash screen
Quote:

>Help,

>I have a PII 350 and Access 97 loads so fast the custom splash screen only
>stays up for 2 secs.  How can I pause the loading of the database or keep
>the splash screen open longer so customers can read/see it??

>James

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Splash Pause
Or...

Private Sub Form_Open(cancel as integer)
        me.timerinterval = 5000         '5000 = 5 seconds
end sub

Private Sub Form_timer()
        me.timerinterval = 0            'Turn Timer right back off
        docmd.openform "FORM TO OPEN"
        docmd.close acform, me.name, acsave
end sub

Fewer lines of code is good.

Hope this helps!
Chris Miller
developer

Quote:

>James,

>Try putting this piece of code in your splash form in open event and timer
>event

>Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
>    DoCmd.Maximize
>    Me.TimerInterval = 100
>End Sub

>Private Sub Form_Timer()
>    Static I As Integer

>    I = I + 1

>    If I = 20 Then
>        DoCmd.OpenForm "Form_to_open_after_splash"
>        DoCmd.Close A_FORM, "frm_Startup"
>    End If
>End Sub

>--
>Manish Jha

>Author of the Access Addin for developers
> Data Flow Manager
>http://pages.prodigy.net/manishj/psdfm.htm

>> Help,

>> I have a PII 350 and Access 97 loads so fast the custom splash screen only
>> stays up for 2 secs.  How can I pause the loading of the database or keep
>> the splash screen open longer so customers can read/see it??

>> James

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Easy way to pause Splash Screen

2. Splash Screen Delay] Note on splashes

3. How to pause a timer control and restart it from pause for remaining interval?

4. How to pause a timer control and restart it from pause for remaining interval?

5. Supress Access Splash Screen in Access 2000

6. Splash screen hints?

7. No Splash No Crash?!?

8. Access 2K splash screen

9. Splash screens

10. Splash screens in Access '97

11. Product registration info in splash screen

12. problems by starting a "splash-form"