Update Status Bar while Userform loaded
Author Message
 Update Status Bar while Userform loaded

My code gets data from a userform, creates a document, then re-shows the
userform to get additional input.  I want to refresh the status bar just
before the userform is re-shown (so the user will know how many pages are
now in the current document).  I have unsuccessfully tried setting
Application.Screenupdate = true just before re-showing the form, as well as
having Application.Screenrefresh in the userform_activate event.  The page
count shown in the status bar remains the same and is only "correct" or
refreshed after I close the userform.  Any solution, guys?

TIA

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 02:35:51 GMT
 Update Status Bar while Userform loaded
Hi xSplash,

Try

ActiveDocument.Repaginate

or

MsgBox "There are now " &
ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages) & " pages in the
document."

Please respond to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may be
interested.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> My code gets data from a userform, creates a document, then re-shows the
> userform to get additional input.  I want to refresh the status bar just
> before the userform is re-shown (so the user will know how many pages are
> now in the current document).  I have unsuccessfully tried setting
> Application.Screenupdate = true just before re-showing the form, as well
as
> having Application.Screenrefresh in the userform_activate event.  The page
> count shown in the status bar remains the same and is only "correct" or
> refreshed after I close the userform.  Any solution, guys?

> TIA

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:40:09 GMT
 Update Status Bar while Userform loaded
Thanks, Doug.  Your message box does the trick.  It's a shame that the
repaginate suggestion doesn't work, because that would be much cleaner, but
I guess repaginate just doesn't work in this case.  (The status bar still
remains at the original # of pages throughout, no matter where I put the
ActiveDocument.Repaginate code.)

Thanks for your good help.

st.

Quote:
> Hi xSplash,

> Try

> ActiveDocument.Repaginate

> or

> MsgBox "There are now " &
> ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages) & " pages in the
> document."

> Please respond to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may be
> interested.

> Hope this helps
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP

> > My code gets data from a userform, creates a document, then re-shows the
> > userform to get additional input.  I want to refresh the status bar just
> > before the userform is re-shown (so the user will know how many pages
are
> > now in the current document).  I have unsuccessfully tried setting
> > Application.Screenupdate = true just before re-showing the form, as well
> as
> > having Application.Screenrefresh in the userform_activate event.  The
page
> > count shown in the status bar remains the same and is only "correct" or
> > refreshed after I close the userform.  Any solution, guys?

> > TIA

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:52:26 GMT

1. Help: could not load status bar control

3. Acc97: Using SysCmd to update status bar during query

4. Status Bar Update

5. updating MDI status bar from child

6. updating time in status bar

7. Status bar timer doesn't update