Set Regional Settings via code
Author Message
 Set Regional Settings via code

I need help with changing/setting regional settings
particularly date format via code from within Access97.
Does ayone have any code,a reference to where I can find it
or at very least some guidane as to how to do this?  Don't
wanna have to re-invent the wheel here and I am not a great
coder and time is of the essence.

Much TIA
Jim

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:39:21 GMT
 Set Regional Settings via code

Quote:

>I need help with changing/setting regional settings
>particularly date format via code from within Access97.
>Does ayone have any code,a reference to where I can find it
>or at very least some guidane as to how to do this?  Don't
>wanna have to re-invent the wheel here and I am not a great
>coder and time is of the essence.

>Much TIA
>Jim

Jim

The convention here is to honour the user's PC settings, and work around them -
how would you like it if a piece of software changed all of the settings on
your computer? If you are having problems with dates, especially with SQL, then
changing the locale won't have any effect - dates are always converted to
American standard, and you will need to ensure that your dates are formatted to
be unambiguous.

Having said that, you are able to do this from within Access by using the
SetLocaleInfoA API, as detailed at VBNet -
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/locale/setlocaleinfo.htm

Jon

Access tips & tricks - http://www.applecore99.com
Microsoft Access webring -
http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=microsoftaccess

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:11:35 GMT
 Set Regional Settings via code
Jon
I am honouring the users settings thank you very much.  It is for
undetermined reasons that the user's settings revert to an undesired format
when the machine is shut down.  I am speaking of Quebec Canada where the
desired format is dd/MM/YYYY.  I have not isolated the cause despite working
with our IT dept, however, since the machine is dedicated to run my
application this is an acceptable workaround until the cause is isolated.  I
do appreciate your response though I feel you jumped the gun a bit on my
intent.

Regards,

Quote:

> >I need help with changing/setting regional settings
> >particularly date format via code from within Access97.
> >Does ayone have any code,a reference to where I can find it
> >or at very least some guidane as to how to do this?  Don't
> >wanna have to re-invent the wheel here and I am not a great
> >coder and time is of the essence.

> >Much TIA
> >Jim

> Jim

> The convention here is to honour the user's PC settings, and work around
them -
> how would you like it if a piece of software changed all of the settings
on
> your computer? If you are having problems with dates, especially with SQL,
then
> changing the locale won't have any effect - dates are always converted to
> American standard, and you will need to ensure that your dates are
formatted to
> be unambiguous.

> Having said that, you are able to do this from within Access by using the
> SetLocaleInfoA API, as detailed at VBNet -
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/locale/setlocaleinfo.htm

> Jon

> Access tips & tricks - http://www.applecore99.com
> Microsoft Access webring -
> http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=microsoftaccess

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:28:59 GMT

1. Setting the data in the regional setting

2. Code to change Regional Shortdate setting

3. Code to change Regional Shortdate setting

4. Setting the Regional Date and Time Settings.

5. How to set WINDOWS REGIONAL SETTING in VB

6. How to set the regional setting on Evb?

7. Setting placement of tables in Rel Window via Code

8. setting/changing default printer via code (VBA)

9. Setting reply address via code

10. Setting printer options via code

11. Check Framework Security Policy Setting Via Code

12. Printer setting via code being overwritten.