Possible answer to Err 49: Bad DLL calling convention
Author Message
 Possible answer to Err 49: Bad DLL calling convention

Hi All,

Having just seen the error message "Bad DLL calling convention." pop up
in my application I came here to try and resolve the issue. With no luck
from your threads I happen to come across something that may point to
where the problem lies.

I created a public function which opened up a database using a call to
Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(<databasename>). The call was made before any
forms or tables were open. The public function was called direct from
the Autoexec macro.

Moving the function to a routine that opens up a splash screen first
solved the problem.

Originally posted by Mark Hammer

Quote:
> For the record:

> I've had an elusive error # 49: "Bad DLL calling convention." Couldn't
> trace it to
> its offending code line as usual.

> A Google search turned up a helpful thread from October 1999 in this
> newsgroup, which
> I paste in below.

> I followed the advice of Wojtek Korycki (below), which didn't work.
> However, when I
> did a decompile (using command line switch) then recompiled, it
> did work.

> So, problem fixed, this time, by doing a decompile, then recompiling.

> I am running Access 2002 using Access 2002 file format, under
> Windows XP
> Professional.

> Hope this will be helpful for someone else.

> Mark Hammer Lake Oswego, Oregon

> ================

> Subject: Access200 - Error 49: "Bad DLL calling..."

> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba

> View this article only

> Date: 1999/10/08

> From time to time I get error 49: "Bad DLL calling convention" for no

> apparent reason. I figured that if I comment out the code where
> the error

> occurs, compile, then uncomment that code, and recompile again -
> that fixes

> the problem (at least for a while).

> Any idea why the error 49 occurs and how to avoid it?

> (another Access bug?)

> Woj

> Message 2 in thread

> Subject: Re: Access200 - Error 49: "Bad DLL calling..."

> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba

> View this article only

> Date: 1999/10/08

> I have seeen this fairly regularly.... it is coming from

> inside VBE. I do not know of a workaround, but I have seen

> it in both Excel and Access.

> --

MichKa

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:35:08 GMT

1. Possible answer to Err 49: Bad DLL calling convention

2. Run-time error '49': Bad DLL calling convention

3. Bad DLL calling convention (error 49)

4. Error 49: Bad Dll Calling convention

5. Help Re: error 49 Bad DLL calling convention

6. Error 49 -- Bad DLL Calling Convention

7. RunTime 49: Bad DLL Calling Convention

8. error 49 - bad dll calling convention

9. Bad Calling Convention error 49 - due to calling a Sub in a .bas module

10. Help! Bad DLL Convention(49)

11. error 49 - Bad DLL callling convention

12. Access200 - Error 49: "Bad DLL calling..."