Please Help - USER32.DLL function list.
Author Message
 Please Help - USER32.DLL function list.

 I am considering writing an application in Access that will require a
limited amount of COM port functionality. I believe the most direct
approach may be to utilise the communications API calls buried in the
USER.DLL & USER32.DLL libraries. I have seen references that there are
at least 17 such calls.

However, I do not possess a list of of the functions in this dll, and I
have not found any documentation within the standard microsoft access
package. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to spend huge dollars on
developers' toolkits for the small number of functions that I will be
using.

Can anyone direct me to where I might find a list of the functions, and
a description of their usage?

Thanks.
Guy B. Booth.

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help - USER32.DLL function list.

Hi Guy,

User32, kernel32 and gdi32 are from the three most basics dll on which
Windows is based. I suspect there is much more than 17 functions in user32
(user.dll is the 16 bits version). You can obtain a list of those functions
in appendixes of Windows programming books, or Win32 books or on librairies
such as MSDN. If you have specific question about any of them, just supply
the list and if someone nearby know an answer,  we shall share it....

Hope it may help,
Vanderghast

Quote:
>  I am considering writing an application in Access that will require a
> limited amount of COM port functionality. I believe the most direct
> approach may be to utilise the communications API calls buried in the
> USER.DLL & USER32.DLL libraries. I have seen references that there are
> at least 17 such calls.

Fri, 13 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help with ExitWindows function in user32 dll

2. User32.dll Function

3. Missing User32.dll API Function

4. Calling DLL function troubles - please, please help!!!

5. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

6. UnHookWindowsEx and other User32 hooks Please Help!

7. Function Help please (Fill list box)

8. Help:Please list all of VB 4.0 dll files

9. VB calling dll functions - Please Help

10. Please help with declaring functions in ICQAPI.DLL

11. Dynamic DLL Functions (DllRegisterServer) - Please Help

12. DLL Functions : Help me please.