Displaying Records in List Box as Data is input to Text Box on Form
Author Message
 Displaying Records in List Box as Data is input to Text Box on Form

As a relatively new user to Access I'd appreciate any help.

I'm using a form to input details of various companies. As a number of
the companies have quite similar names I'd like to have a list box on
the form which shows those company names already in the database which
start with the same letters I'm typing in to the CompanyName TextBox. Is
this possible? I think what I'm really after is something similar to
using Find in Windows Help.

Thanks for any help in advance.
'Better meddle wi' the Devil, than the Bairns of Falkirk'--

Kenneth W Goodwin

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Displaying Records in List Box as Data is input to Text Box on Form
Hi Kenneth, try this.
Listbox.RowSource = "Select Company From CompanyTable Where ((Company = '" &
Forms!<FormName>!<TextboxName>.Text & "'*));"

Put this line in the Textbox OnChange event.

Kenneth W Goodwin skrev i meldingen ...

Quote:
>As a relatively new user to Access I'd appreciate any help.

>I'm using a form to input details of various companies. As a number of
>the companies have quite similar names I'd like to have a list box on
>the form which shows those company names already in the database which
>start with the same letters I'm typing in to the CompanyName TextBox. Is
>this possible? I think what I'm really after is something similar to
>using Find in Windows Help.

>Thanks for any help in advance.
>'Better meddle wi' the Devil, than the Bairns of Falkirk'--

>Kenneth W Goodwin

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. List Box Help for Text Box Input

2. how to scroll a form displaying a long list of text boxes

3. Limiting Access to Text Boxes, List Boxes and Combo Boxes

4. Text Box Entry To Text Box Display?

5. Columns in List box, when inserting text from text box (VBA)

6. Input and display of Vietnamese Characters using text box and label in VB6

7. using VB text boxes data but not text boxes in word 2000

8. Auto popluate text box with data from another text box

9. Passing Data from VB App Text Box to a Web Page Text Box

10. Question: 3D Text Boxes/Input Boxes

11. Comapring Text box inputs with array data.

12. How to check for correct data type input into text box or other controls