Invoking a UserForm from a Word Document
Author Message
 Invoking a UserForm from a Word Document

I've got a Word template that I've created a UserForm in.
Also in the template, I've got a Command Button.  This
command button has in its Click method the Show command
for the UserForm.

The UserForm displays when I click on the command button
in the template, however, nothing happens when I click on
the command button in a document created from the template.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sat, 28 May 2005 06:13:42 GMT
 Invoking a UserForm from a Word Document
Mike

If you want me to have a look at the template then send it to my
Hotmail account (zipped) and I will report back here.

Malc
  www.dragondrop.com

Sat, 28 May 2005 06:59:20 GMT
 Invoking a UserForm from a Word Document
Thanks so much for responding Malcom.  hummm.... I just
stripped out a bunch of stuff so that I can send it to you
and now it works just fine....  I've got a 32 page doc
that is full of Radio Buttons, text fields and check
boxes.  The template also has a couple of fairly large
UserForms.  Is there a limit on how many controls I can
have in a doc?  or something similar?  The file size is
562K.
Quote:

Sat, 28 May 2005 09:42:41 GMT
 Invoking a UserForm from a Word Document
I can't remember off-hand the actual limits of things; but if you
recall that the controls are indexed by an integer so more than 32k
controls is the physical maximum for these things.

Of course, the user's machine may {*filter*}well before then.  If you
search on Google for Word Limits I am sure that you will find
something there!

As for maximum size of a template?  For one law firm I had their
start-up templates come to a total of about one and and half meg.
They seemed to want everything in their Word environment and some of
their templates still give me the shivers to this day.

Malc
  www.dragondrop.com

Sat, 28 May 2005 16:12:42 GMT

1. Pasting Information From A UserForm To A Word Document

2. Opening an excel-document from a word-userform

3. Multiple UserForms in a Word Document

4. UserForms and moltiple documents in Word 2000

5. Displaying a Word document in a VB/VBA userform

6. Showing Document Preview in UserForm - Word VB

7. Showing Document Preview in UserForm - Word VB

8. Cutting a full Word document and pasting it in another Word Document

9. Invoking autocorrect from textbox on a userform

10. Invoking autocorrect in a textbox on a userform.

11. Passing Userforms to subs (Word 2000 and 2002, I did not try Word 97)

12. Word 97 - Userform within Word VBA macro and exchange of values