Problems with comdlg32.dll in Access97 on NT
Author Message
 Problems with comdlg32.dll in Access97 on NT

Has anyone encountered a solution for comdlg32.dll compatibility problem
between WIN95 and NT?

In moving an application from WIN95 Access97 to an NT the comdlg32.dll
returns an CDERR_INITIALIZATION error (insufficient memory?). The WIN95
PC has 32MB RAM and NT has 64MB. I've tried it on different 95 and NT
machines in different environments with same results  - 95 returns open
dialog and NT always fails.

Even a test app with just a button to call the module that calls
comdlg32.dll fails. The performance monitor on NT shows plenty of
resources.

Thanks for any assistance.

Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with comdlg32.dll in Access97 on NT

Quote:

> Has anyone encountered a solution for comdlg32.dll compatibility problem
> between WIN95 and NT?

> In moving an application from WIN95 Access97 to an NT the comdlg32.dll
> returns an CDERR_INITIALIZATION error (insufficient memory?). The WIN95
> PC has 32MB RAM and NT has 64MB. I've tried it on different 95 and NT
> machines in different environments with same results  - 95 returns open
> dialog and NT always fails.

> Even a test app with just a button to call the module that calls
> comdlg32.dll fails. The performance monitor on NT shows plenty of
> resources.

> Thanks for any assistance.

I don't know if this will help but I kept this note from another
discussion in my code example files:

"NT requires you to initialize a couple of the members of the data
structure. You need to add lines like:

  .strCustomFilter = String(255, 0)
  .nMaxCustFilter = 255

NT wasn't out yet when they wrote the book, so there is no way they
could have known this.

The lines I posted are the only additions to the code you already have
that are required for NT. Of course, your names may be different. Try
it.

 -- Andy"

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with comdlg32.dll in Access97 on NT

Andy,

Thanks for the reply.  You were correct! The CustomFilter elements of
the structure needed to be initialized to values other than 0. Your
suggestion worked:
        .strCustomFilter = String(255,0)
        .nMaxCustFilter = 255

Thanks again.

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling comdlg32.dll from Access 97 running on NT 4.0

2. Comdlg32.dll difference between NT and 95

3. Comdlg32.dll Problem Under Win98

4. Comdlg32.dll API Problem Under Win98

5. Help: Comctl32, Comdlg32, Dblist32 problems porting VB4 to VB5 (VB5 GPF in Mfc40.dll)

6. Workaround for comdlg32.dll printer cancel problem

7. comdlg32.ocx version conflict for VB6 and Access97!

8. VB5,Access97,NT problem.

9. New Comctl32.dll and Comdlg32.dll

10. COMCTL32.DLL COMDLG32.DLL Documentation?

11. comdlg32.dll

12. COMDLG32.DLL