Changing subform load order
Author Message
 Changing subform load order

Usually the order in which subforms load is the same as the order in
which they are added to the parent form. You can alter this by cutting
and pasting the subform controls, but that technique lacks elegance, to
say the least. Does anyone have a handle on the parent form's
(appearently) hidden property or collection that determines the load
order? It would be nice to be able to tweak it directly.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 03:11:50 GMT
 Changing subform load order
Perhaps you could open the master form, then open each subform from code in
the master form load event.  That should give you full control.

Regards,

Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, remove q's from address above to reply.

Quote:

>Usually the order in which subforms load is the same as the order in
>which they are added to the parent form. You can alter this by cutting
>and pasting the subform controls, but that technique lacks elegance, to
>say the least. Does anyone have a handle on the parent form's
>(appearently) hidden property or collection that determines the load
>order? It would be nice to be able to tweak it directly.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:40:03 GMT
 Changing subform load order
Not exactly - but I think you could leave the sourceobject of each subform
blank and then assign the sourceobjects via code in the order you desire.
In the open event of the main form something like:

me.sfrmForm1.sourceobject="sfrmForm1"
me.sfrmForm2.sourceobject="sfrmForm2"
me.sfrmForm3.sourceobject="sfrmForm3"

Would this work for you??

--
Sandra Daigle
[Microsoft Access MVP]

Please do not respond by email, but to the newsgroup so that others can
benefit.

Quote:

> Usually the order in which subforms load is the same as the order in
> which they are added to the parent form. You can alter this by cutting
> and pasting the subform controls, but that technique lacks elegance, to
> say the least. Does anyone have a handle on the parent form's
> (appearently) hidden property or collection that determines the load
> order? It would be nice to be able to tweak it directly.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:43:54 GMT
 Changing subform load order
Yes, thanks, you both suggested about the same solution. It would
work... but someone somewhere must have an idea for tweaking that
property directly.

But I do thank both of you.

Quote:
> Not exactly - but I think you could leave the sourceobject of each subform
> blank and then assign the sourceobjects via code in the order you desire.
> In the open event of the main form something like:

> me.sfrmForm1.sourceobject="sfrmForm1"
> me.sfrmForm2.sourceobject="sfrmForm2"
> me.sfrmForm3.sourceobject="sfrmForm3"

> Would this work for you??

> --
> Sandra Daigle
> [Microsoft Access MVP]

> Please do not respond by email, but to the newsgroup so that others can
> benefit.

> > Usually the order in which subforms load is the same as the order in
> > which they are added to the parent form. You can alter this by cutting
> > and pasting the subform controls, but that technique lacks elegance, to
> > say the least. Does anyone have a handle on the parent form's
> > (appearently) hidden property or collection that determines the load
> > order? It would be nice to be able to tweak it directly.

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 06:23:55 GMT

1. changing the sourceobject of subform when the form and subform are loaded

2. Auto fillin Order Detail Subform

3. Formats change when changing sort order

4. unloading/loading subforms

5. ActiveX control causing subform's load event not to fire

6. DBGrid - loading subform?

7. HELP: Show/Hide vs Load/Unload, KeyPress vs Change, Load(Param$)

8. Order of Load

9. Form Loading Order

10. VB and load order??

12. MDIForm Load on reference: Order of events?