DDE between Access97 and Word97
Author Message
 DDE between Access97 and Word97

There's the problem:

What should I do to Access97 only open one Word97 session instead all the
times I execute a Mail Merge between both,Access opens a new session.

To do that,I use the Shell function.It's not the better way but I can't do
better.

Could anyone tell me what I have to do?

Thanks.

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DDE between Access97 and Word97

Hi Miguel,

    You can use GetObject and CreateObject methods instead.  Try searching
support.microsoft.com.  There are a couple of good articles regarding
automating mail merges.  Oh wait, here it is.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q159/3/28.asp

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

Quote:

>There's the problem:

>What should I do to Access97 only open one Word97 session instead all the
>times I execute a Mail Merge between both,Access opens a new session.

>To do that,I use the Shell function.It's not the better way but I can't do
>better.

>Could anyone tell me what I have to do?

>Thanks.

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Closing Word97 from Access97

2. Pulling Access97 data into Word97 variables

3. Editing an Access97 field value from Word97

4. Access97-Word97 Mail Merge

5. Access97/Word97/data exchange HELP!!!

6. Access97/Word97 MailMerge

7. Linking Access97 and Word97

8. passing values between Word97 and Access97

9. Mail Merge access97 with word97 (Blank spaces)

10. Access97 and Word97 (MailMerge)

11. Integration between Access97 and Word97

12. Print Word97 document from Access97