Pausing Access Reports based on page numbers
Author Message
 Pausing Access Reports based on page numbers

I've been trying to figure out a way to pause printing a report if the
report goes beyond one page.  The reason is this.  The report has to print
on a preprinted form.  This works fine.  However, the backside is a
continuation of data from the frontside.  When we batch feed the front sides
to the printer the backside information is printed over the top of Name
boxes, Date boxes, you get the picture.  I need to give the user a pause, so
they can flip the form over in the print tray.

I have researched this.  Litwin, Getz, and Gilbert's Access 97 Developer's
Handbook describes the "WillContinue" and "HasContinued" report properties
to be of little use due to too sensitive triggers for these properties set
during the format event.

Does anyone have any ideas?  My well is dry.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Steve "Sparky" Russell

Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pausing Access Reports based on page numbers

Quote:
>>I've been trying to figure out a way to pause printing a report if the

report goes beyond one page.  The reason is this.  The report has to print
on a preprinted form.  This works fine.  However, the backside is a
continuation of data from the frontside.<<

Short of getting a duplex printer...

You might have to make two separate reports.

Adam

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pausing Access Reports based on page numbers

Steve,

How about if you test the report property Pages, which tells you the total
number of pages the report will run, and if Pages>1 you can set the paper
source to manual feed.

Paul Novitski
Seattle

Quote:
>I've been trying to figure out a way to pause printing a report if the
>report goes beyond one page.

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Page number problem in Access 2 reports!

2. MS Access Report Page Numbers

3. Convert numbers from base 36 to base 10?

4. Base number for ordinal position in Access 97

5. How to Reset the Pages Number on Group Level in a Report

6. Page Numbering for grouped reports

7. Consecutive page numbers on multiple reports

8. Code to place page number text on report

9. return the page number from a report

10. How to check number of page in Crystal Report

11. Page number in a Cross Tab report

12. Total Number Pages in Report?