Text Block rotation in a line.
Author Message
 Text Block rotation in a line.

Hello,

I am using a connector to connect two shapes and adding
text to that connector.  What I need to do,
(Automatically! {unless there is a formula that can be
added to the text transform - txtangle in shape sheet} for
that line), is to rotate the text if the text is passing
through the connector.

Example 1:

            | Vertical

Example 2:
              Text Horizontal
            _________________

Thanks!

Mark

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 04:05:39 GMT
 Text Block rotation in a line.
I posted a similar question in ShapeSheet community.  John
Marshall, MVP posted a reply to check out Chapter
9 "Desinging Text Behavior" in Developing Microsoft Visio
Solutions.

It didn't actually help that much, however I am going to
paste my response to John here so that someone else can
weigh in...

I did read chapter 9 "Designing Text Behavior" and the
closest thing that came close was The GRAVITY Formula.

The problem was my specific need to rotate text if text
block ran through line.

I did create a VBA solution that might be crude but it
seems to work...

I noticed that in automated placement, the Geometry1.Xi
= txtPinX in instances where text crossed line but did not
where Geometry1.Xi <> txtPinX!?

      intX = 1

      ' At this point, need to see if text block
      crosses over line.  If so, rotate text block of line.

      Do Until vsoConnector.CellExists("Geometry1.X" &
         intX, False) = 0

         If vsoConnector.Cells("txtPinX") =
            vsoConnector.Cells("Geometry1.X" & intX) Then

            vsoConnector.Cells("txtAngle").Formula =
               "-90Deg."

            intX = Empty
            Exit Do

         Else
            intX = intX + 1
         End If

      Loop

This code does not change the rotation when user
manipulates page.  Again, I do not know if this can be
better handled in the shape sheet?!

Mark

Quote:

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 00:29:59 GMT

1. How to delete on screen printed rotation text?

2. rotation of text in a textbox

3. Help text rotation on plot window

4. Text rotation in VB3 needed

5. Rotation of a text